These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gtpracer98
scruffy151 wrote:I had some issues sharing my route/destination.

I can not seem to share anything via text, the text is blank when I try.

I was able to share my drive via email and it seemed to work ok. However each time I stopped I had to reshare the drive and a new URL was generated. I would like to see an automatic "resume share" pop up just like the automatic "resume route".
I share the exact conditions as mentioned in the quote.
gtpracer98
Send a message

Post by Gunther222
I'm just posting to add my voice to the choir complaining about the new nav bar being far to large, especially in landscape mode. However the dev's have already committed to address this, which is excellent.

The new social media feature are fine, good even. Waze is ment to be social, I get that. However there is no point in adding social features to a app that isn't going to be used if basic display and map features don't work properly first. At best you'll get no public feedback on facebook, at worst you'll get droves of people complaining about the app not being usable. You don't want your social media features being used to spread users discontent.

I hope the next release comes soon, because in it's current state I'd rather use google nav.
Gunther222
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Today, on 4 out of 6 launches of Waze, it reported it was unable to access the SD Card right after launch, and then froze. I was unable to exit out of Waze, even using a program like Advanced Task Killer was unable to kill Waze at that point. I had to reboot.

Didn't matter if it was fresh after a reboot, or if the phone had been on and working for hours.

Looks like I'm the only one seeing this problem, so if it keeps up I'll try uninstalling Waze, nuking the folder, and reinstalling.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
When 3.5 updated, it kept all my favorites, however it kept locking up on launch. So I uninstalled Waze, deleted the Waze folder and reinstalled. After logging in with my screen name, it never prompted me to download my favorites (like it has in the past).

I tried exiting/entering Waze, uninstall/reinstall, reboot in-between, nothing.

Figuring this was a bug in 3.5, I've now installed the beta, 3.5.0.03. 3.5.0.03 did download my favorites from the server.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by indy259
As someone has already mentioned, the navigation bar (the next maneuver) at the top is huge in landscape mode.
Where has the route progress gone? Distance left, time left, ETA?
Besides that it's OK.
indy259
Send a message

Post by invented
perlin wrote: I would like to comment about these statements. First of all, we don't ignore your feedback. As many users (especially the beta ones) can safely say, we take under account everything you have to say,
I constantly get ignored by email. I've emailed about the same issue 30 times but it doesn't get fixed, nor do emails get replied to. I don't even know if you're working on it, can't work on it, I don't know because you ignore emails. Ergo, Waze staff do ignore their users. :(
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
^^^ I don't think "quickly"' is the word as it was in beta for quite a while. The beta pool just isn't diverse enough it seems.
invented
Send a message

Post by jaimezx
I use Waze every day, but I'm glad I read the app feedback before updating.

I like the idea of social traffic updating and hazard reporting, but all this "share with your friends" business is beyond me. The pick up request sounds kind of cool, but everything else in the Youtube video is waaay too much information out there.

How about ninja invisible mode being the default and you need to specifically ENABLE social tracking for any given trip?

Like this I will never update the app from the v3.2.2.2.

It's a shame, because I was really hoping some of my suggestions would be implemented, like having a "North up" option in the map display dialogue. (As in, 3D/2D/North Up.) Right now "North up" is incredibly UN-sticky and poorly implemented.

Or for that matter, the hazard reporting distance being corrected so that it either actually displays feet-to-go, or the "feet" gets changed to "meters."

*sigh*
jaimezx
Send a message

Post by Jhenya
Solved - http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 86#p277086
And that's great!
Problems:
The menu is half English and half Russian when Waze is set to Russian.
Icons disappear like described above. Reinstalling didn't help.
Jhenya
Send a message
CM Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
https://s.waze.tools/c5s.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/eooB87/Map_Raid_Russia.png

Post by jokizwo
tkiss wrote: - Do NOT route me to roads with reported traffic!! Whats the point in reporting if it routes me there??? Avoid them! Or at least give the option!!
- Talking about avoiding. If I KNOW that there's traffic somewhere, let me avoid that route!!
I agree on many of your points which is actually a good summary of valuable suggestions but not on this one.
I think Waze is not about avoiding traffic but finding the fastest route. A route with traffic can still be faster than driving around. I often experience reported traffic to be slower than normal traffic but still drivable.
Trust Waze and you will arrive most of the times (almost every time) the best way possible. Except the times you're being the first to report traffic :D but in this case imagine you be the hero to all the others.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2
jokizwo
Send a message
waze pioneer