Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How to report an incident when I past it?

Post by lunahex
I wanted to report hidden police once I stopped at home. But it's putting the marker right on my house instead of where the police is... how can I move this? There's no way I'm pulling out my cell phone to report what I see as I drive.
lunahex

POSTER_ID:9521752

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
bigbear3764 wrote:No way around that, it's going to post where you hit send.
It posts where you hit the report button, not the Send button. You can also then tap "later" and complete the report further down the road when it's safe.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gerben
It is only available at the NA server...
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by gordonski
olestas wrote:Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?
Still you not allowed to play around with it while driving, at least in Germany.
Voice input should work on most (or even all) devices. As far as I know it is only active in English speaking countries so far.
With two taps you can activate the reporting mode. This will store your position and you can enter more details and submit the report later, when your car is stopped. At least that's safer than typing while passing a police control... :?
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by K4UNX
gordonski wrote:
olestas wrote:Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?
Still you not allowed to play around with it while driving, at least in Germany.
Voice input should work on most (or even all) devices. As far as I know it is only active in English speaking countries so far.
With two taps you can activate the reporting mode. This will store your position and you can enter more details and submit the report later, when your car is stopped. At least that's safer than typing while passing a police control... :?
You shouldn't be driving alone, carpool and save the planet! :-P Oh and also lets you Waze while some other sucker drives :-P
K4UNX
Send a message
Kennett Square, PA Based Area Manager
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
iPhone 4 (AT&T) • "New" iPad (AT&T) • IOS 6.0

Post by lunahex
It's against the law to drive with a handheld. I can't report when I'm driving. =(

I hope Waze can incorporate some sort of ... route or radius enabled reporting. Maybe a quota of 2 reports per hour or something to help limit abusers but would help with safety.

ETA: Can I remove/delete my report then? Because technically now I'm a cop :lol:
lunahex
Send a message

Post by mikmyn
Hmmm...
wouldn't you reckon it could pop up as an unconfirmed report until verified by x number of other users (from the road)? Once (say) 2 users had confirmed the report, it's 'real'.
It could pop up as a dialog box if you're going to pass the report in your travels, with a yes/no option
mikmyn
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pogit
this problem is fustrating Waze should look into it maybe by verifiying the id of some say super users?

Here in Lincolnshire and the uk in genreal local poilce and radio often are quick at alerting users to inccidents, even local grroups news groups on facebook, it would be good to impliment a feature that would allow users to scroll the map say within a set distance and add an inciddent esp if its a major one......... perhaps you could add a button to report a user if another user spots someone repeatedly posting a false alert which would say temporarlily suspend them from posting more? is there a way for waze to pole its users on this aspect..... if done correct im sure it will imporve waze and make it almost perfect ;)
:D
pogit
Send a message

Post by queenbenjii
You can always press police and then later. This will put an icon on the side of your screen to do later. Also, you could just use voice command.
queenbenjii
Send a message