[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby Superfraggle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 pm

willd2012 wrote:The other side to this, is that if I see a roundabout that isn't yellow, I can readily see that it needs attention - if another colour was used specifically for roundabouts, it would break this rather useful functionality :-).

Regards,

Will.

So two colours, one for roundabout with no name/city and another for bad roundabouts :D

Are we running out of distinguishable colours yet?

I guess up to Tim anyway, so lets see what he thinks.
ImageImage
Superfraggle

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby Superfraggle » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 pm

reload the page, it happens on first load of the editor.
ImageImage
Superfraggle

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4

Postby Superfraggle » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13 am

For some reason the speed data only shows if you zoom out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
ImageImage
Superfraggle

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4.2 Oc

Postby sverkernordlund » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 am

Great script! I use it all the time and it saves a lot of time! :D

I have a question about "Filter by Editor (Green)" option. It looks like anonymous users does not show up in the list? I tried to browse all 30+ pages in this thread but didn't find anything.

Permalink to one of the road segments that was created and updated in WME with user name world_b85zy5cs. Screen dump of listbox and no "world_*" user.
FilterByEditor.jpg
FilterByEditor.jpg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 577 times

On INTL server we have users with names starting with "world_*" as you know. Usually those users does not edit the map but now I have such a user. I asked him why. He answered that he uses Facebook when logging in to the mobile client and have now decided to edit the map with this Waze generated username.

I'm using version 1.4.2.

/Sverker
sverkernordlund
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sverkernordlund » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Timbones wrote:Can now theoretically highlight usa_* and world_* editors, though I haven't tested this.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Thanks Tim! I can confirm that world_* editors shows up in the Filter by Editor dropdown. :D

/Sverker
sverkernordlund
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby svx-biker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Any idea why I get different options on World vs. US Server?

Edit: Just found that it's not related to the server but rather to the user. Is this intentional, i.e. a level(0) user has fewer options? I saw your PS on the first post but it seems different: When I login and logout with my Level(0) test user I always miss the advanced options. If I login as svx-biker, logout and relogin with level(0) I still have them though.
Attachments
Highlights ROTW.jpg
Highlights ROTW.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
Highlights US.jpg
Highlights US.jpg (32.11 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby svx-biker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Timbones wrote:Yes, this is correct. The Advanced Options only appear for Area Managers.

Ok, makes Sense. Not refreshing when changing the user isn't a problem as "normal" users won't do this anyway ;)
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby svx-biker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Any reason a Level(1) Editor should not see unterminated roads and node problems?

We have quite some new editors that don't put end nodes initially and when I show them the Highlight Script they dont see unterminated roads and Node Problems.
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4

Postby TheDane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 pm

As many have said before - GREAT work/Job on this script! Really highlights (pun intended) the many errors in the maps... Even from what should have been experienced editors that are high on a given country/states ranking list.

Must agree both with others and Tim - turn colouring seems to work in some places and others not - can't figure out when what applies.

There is definately a different behaviour in version 1.3 vs. 1.4.1 on FF as well as GC on Win 7. Found a place where there where x soft turns - segments turned yellow in v. 1.3 and nothing in v. 1.4.1.

Road segment speeds only appear at zoom level 200M /100 Feet and higher valuies, ie. zoomed further out...

I can't actually see any difference between having the checkmark enabled or not in "Turn Warnings for selected nodes".

Please accept the above comments as a meager effort to help in the upkeeing uf the script.

Regards
TheDane

PS Let us know if we can do anything else to help out/aid in pinpointing the bug
TheDane

Postby TheDane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

+1 on the suggestion from skbun about making it possible to see all problems in an area using a colour coding for all segments that have issues. Don't know if beeing able to select which issues you are looking for is over-complicating...

Probably just the different colours for different issues would be fine - with the worst issue type colour being the one showing up when there are multiple issues for a segment.

Regards
TheDane
TheDane

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor