Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby therubinator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Hoping this isn't just me, but I've just found that (amusingly) the AM layer shows me watermarked in my area but the cones/editor-level have now demoted me to Level 3 from a Level 4. Here's some before and after screenshots:

ishot-1a.jpg
Level before
(56.26 KiB) Downloaded 1594 times


ishot-2a.jpg
Level after
(66.37 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 pm

therubinator wrote:Hoping this isn't just me, but I've just found that (amusingly) the AM layer shows me watermarked in my area but the cones/editor-level have now demoted me to Level 3 from a Level 4.

Read the very first post in this thread!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby therubinator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm

dmcconachie wrote:Read the very first post in this thread!


I read the first post. Are you referring to this:

old rank 0 = 1 cone
old rank1 = 2 cones (currently not in use)
old rank 2 = 3 cones
old rank 3 = 4 cones
old rank 4 = 5 cones
old rank 5 = 6 cones (currently not in use)
old rank 6 = STAFF


I don't understand how my old rank (being 4) is showing 3 cones and not 5 then.
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

You're confusing (understandably) editor rank with cones. As an Area Manager you would have been rank 2 (which would have shown as 4 cones in the editor.

As a Country Manager I am rank 4 in the editor, 6 cones under the old system, 5 cones in the new system.

Confusing indeed but rest assured nothing has really changed.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby therubinator » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

dmcconachie wrote:You're confusing (understandably) editor rank with cones. As an Area Manager you would have been rank 2 (which would have shown as 4 cones in the editor.


Okay, got it. This Editing Ranks page needs an update from somebody perhaps.
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby dmcconachie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 pm

therubinator wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:You're confusing (understandably) editor rank with cones. As an Area Manager you would have been rank 2 (which would have shown as 4 cones in the editor.


Okay, got it. This Editing Ranks page needs an update from somebody perhaps.

Waze were due to harmonize the ranks, we were waiting to see how. I'm still not convinced its done yet!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby trinity76 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi all
New WME looks great - but found a little problem:
The "+" to add roads etc. overlays the layer selector - see attached jpeg.
How can I change this ? Is it only a problem at my desk ?
CU Sven
Waze.JPG
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times
trinity76
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Böblingen - Germany
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Can't get it to load... Get a quick flash of the aerials then just a white screen... The beta loads fine for me...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7215
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Can't get it to load... Get a quick flash of the aerials then just a white screen... The beta loads fine for me...

Nevermind... I disabled the extended tools & now it works...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7215
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Trinity76 wrote:Hi all
New WME looks great - but found a little problem:
The "+" to add roads etc. overlays the layer selector - see attached jpeg.
How can I change this ? Is it only a problem at my desk ?

That happened to at least one person during the beta last week, and it appeared to clear itself somehow. I'd make sure you clear your cache, disable scripts/extensions related to Waze, restart the browser.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23614
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1128 times
Been thanked: 4823 times

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users