Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:Ok, maybe calling it a "bug" was wrong... It's still counter-intuitive though...
We totally agreed. Here's the feedback given in the beta testing which was either ignored or not seen. Either way, it wasn't responded to and remains as it was then:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:... and that layer re-order seems counter intuitive. When the Roads layer is above the GPS point layer in the menu, the GPS points appear on top of the Roads.
Thanks for the tip on those being a handle. And I agree that the ordering is bottom-up which is counter-intuitive.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
olestas wrote:Editor messes up numbers by itself, when there is unusual numbering.
If one side is e.g. 2-12, but other side has no numbers.. empty space should be accepted. If I do not enter any numbers, number from other part of the road is taken automatically, which brakes all numbering further.

Similar problem is with big streets, which are drawn as two one way roads and are separated in real life. Numbering must go on one side of street only... not taken from the other side..
Did you try entering zeroes (0)?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skbun wrote:* The Javascript console tells me when a new city has to be created. Can the user be alerted to it too, so they can be sure that they wanted to do that?
Cartouche used to do this when you were creating a new street/city combination (a segment inherits the properties of objects in the street database). I found it both slowed me down sometimes, but also saved me from entering a misspelled city or segment name.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
numbtrip wrote: 90% of the time I am sat waiting for it to load road images and in the end I just give up.
What country are you trying to edit?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
numbtrip wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: What country are you trying to edit?
I am trying to edit UK maps.
The editor was down for the last 24 hours or so due to an upgrade. If you didn't know that, keep an eye on/subscribe to status.waze.com.

I would go check in to the UK forums to see what issues might be present at this time. I am not personally aware of any lingering issues. The road images are going to be slow for many hours while the new servers build up their cache of road images in memory rather than creating them with each request. When the same upgrade was done in the US, there was also some changes required to the caching to get them to perform as expected. It will likely be a few days before the system stabilizes as they get all the settings tweaked the way they need to be.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.
Do you have any extensions? For example I hardly get the segments selected when using the highlights extension, have to look at the code to understand why ;)
This is either an issue with the highlighter code or JNF code in WazeBar. The same code affects Chrome, too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CrackedLCD wrote:And why bother with house numbers anyway? Waze in the US doesn't use them and we don't get credit/points for adding them.
Waze does plan to use the internal data as primary soon. Just as with the recently-added ability to set city/state/country to landmarks. It's part of augmenting their internal search result capability.
It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
I don't really understand this statement.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:Edit: false alarm, could only save two edits :(
The intl editor was offline for a while. Is it back up?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The # should not be in the permalink. Are you always getting the permalink from context-click/copy link the permalink? I've not seen it appear before.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bz2012 wrote:Possible fix for:
"Highlighted segment has been extended beyond the allowed distance"
The workarounds have been documented for quite some time: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... _the_limit

Just splitting the segment is enough because then there are new segments with start/end points instead of an original segment with an end point moved too far.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message