Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby xtago » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 am

A quick question on the street numbers as well.

Multi segments and street numbering.

I see you can only do numbers for 1 segment at a time does anyone know if you do a number on that street and then went to the other end segment and did the end number.

would it have numbering across the whole street/segments or just incomplete numbering for the end segments?
xtago

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:18 am

xtago wrote:would it have numbering across the whole street/segments or just incomplete numbering for the end segments?

No. You need to enter the range of numbers by individual segment.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iron_eric » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 am

Is it possible to add a shortcut to edit street name. Its click on the segment, then click on edit, then on the check box, then it allows you to edit the street name!
iron_eric

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 am

Brooksy73 wrote:Is it possible to add a shortcut to edit street name. Its click on the segment, then click on edit, then on the check box, then it allows you to edit the street name!

Possibly, but you'd have to override/overload the onclick functionality. Unsure how easy that is. Instead of clicking the Edit button, just tap 'e' on the keyboard, which you can do while you are moving your mouse towards the street name field.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iron_eric » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 am

Silly me, another one who forgot the keyboard shortcut!

iron_eric

Postby wimdelange » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 am

In the design of the UI there is not much consideration for the smaller screens. When I use my laptop with a screen of 1366x768 there is not much room for the map. All goes to the information on the streets and when I click on a issue on the map, it uses way too much space:
Image 1_1.jpg
Image 1_1.jpg (108.59 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby Marcoqwerty » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 am

old rank 4 = 5 cones

I have 4 in the past editor....now 3 :?
ImageImage
Marcoqwerty

Postby jab_au » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 am

Road layer is not currently showing, is selectable however. (INTL)
Image Image
Twitter: @jab_au
jab_au
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

Postby mssusa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 am

Had a test run. Not very encouraging, but I might get used to it once bugs are exterminated.

Issues: (On Chrome, Chrome zoom %100, Windows 7 64bit, World server, All helper tools disabled except the live map navigation list).

1. I got road object/image mismatch after I played with it for some time. I tired many combinations with browser full screen/WME full screen. The combination that matches objects to images perfectly is when the browser is on full screen (F11). Reloading fixed the problem, but what happened once will always happen again.

2. Geometry nodes are hard to spot. I don't mind them being circles, but I wish they are black. White on whatever that bright sky color used for highlighting selected roads is called is hard on the eyes.

3. There does need to be a faster way to access street names by just selecting the street without the need for "e" or clicking on "edit".

4. Hitting "Enter" on street name does not update it. I have to click on "Apply". The previous version was very productive by updating the field when you hit "Enter". It is not like it is taking the update directly with the server when you hit "Enter", so why remove this feature?

5. When naming segments of the same street by choosing from the nearby street name drop down list clicking on a names does not select it. Even after multiple refreshes and clearing the cache. Only hitting "Enter" on the keyboard selects the highlighted name. I can bring the names drop down list by typing a space or a couple of letters from the street name, but I can no longer select one of the names using the mouse. I have to scroll down using the arrow keys then hit "Enter". This used to work fine in the previous version.

6. I sometimes get transparent turn restrictions that I can't change. They are shown on the screen, but are not clickable. A refresh solves this problem. I don't know if it is a client side or a server problem.

I'll report back any other issues I find.
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby andrewkjs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 am

wimdelange wrote:In the design of the UI there is not much consideration for the smaller screens. When I use my laptop with a screen of 1366x768 there is not much room for the map. All goes to the information on the streets and when I click on a issue on the map, it uses way too much space:

Press shift+F to go into full screen mode. This will only give you more vertical space though, not horizontal space.
Area Manager: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Waze Malaysia: FB | G+ | Forum | Wiki
andrewkjs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor