These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mismomoho
crazed_out wrote: Navigating to a destination with a stop that makes you drive the same way twice, once in each direction, showed that the purple colored track for the second leg displays on top of the pinkish track for the first leg. This seems like a bug.

Then I left the route suggested by Waze to see what happened. Waze then gave me a route that lead me back to where I came from. About 6 kilometers all in all. When I closed in on the turn to go back Waze instructed me to turn according to this, in my eyes, faulty route. When I was 20 meters from the turn Waze suddenly reported to have found a faster route, skipping to the fastest route from that point, but it was too late. The rerouting should have found that route from the beginning of my leaving the track in the beginning some 4 kilometers earlier.
Something similar happened to me: I had a route with an intermediate stop, with only about 50 meters on the same street, both directions. Considering that some turn restrictions are not updated on the map, I had to make a little detour (about 20-30 meters) before and after the stop. The program announced that I've reached the intermediate spot, but after the second detour it kept re-calculating the route to that middle point until I have arrived at final destination. I have considered to remove the intermediate stop, but that button was reading "Add stop" and when I tried to add one, I had an error something like "Cannot add waypoint 10000001 when existing waypoint 10000002" (or something like that - I was in traffic and cannot remember well). At the finish line, I think I was announced that I have reached the destination (sorry, don't remember well because I was paying attention to park my car and the messages were in French - not my native language).

Bonus: while I was writing above, I opened Waze to see exactly the caption of the buttons. I noticed that:
- I was asked if I want to resume the previous route because I have closed the application before arriving to the destination (please remember that I was announced that I passed the intermediate stop and the final one); I answered NO
- I added a new destination and after calculating the route, I added a new stop (not the initial points I had the error). The route is only to the final destination, but on the map there is also the intermediate position flag (and the button caption is "Clear stop")
No_route.jpg
No route to intermediate point
(46.16 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
No_route_flag_exists.jpg
waze know something about this
(42.05 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
- I cleared the route, then added the destination + stop: same situation
- closed Waze, opened it: again same situation! (two flags on the map, route only to destination)
- cleared route, add new route, but with points in opposite order -- this time the route is OK
- cleared (again) the route, added the point in initial order: again the bug with a lonely flag on the map
No_route_nice_flag.jpg
Nice flag
(34.11 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
- tried different routes (maybe 5 or 6), then again on the initial one I tried at home: surprise, this time the route is correct.

Super bonus: at the beginning of the above tests, I noticed that the same wazer appears twice on the map (maybe 100 meters between his subsequent frustrated waze icons); 15 minutes later he is still cloned.... maybe that's why he is frustrated?
(no picture of it, attachment limit reached)
mismomoho
Send a message
Waze + Gabriela pe un telefon nou

Post by mssusa
For some reason when I reached my destination minutes ago my car logo (was arrow) changed to a wazer. It is not showing my crown or gold from last week. I was not navigating and I didn't touch anything.
uploadfromtaptalk1351775746581.jpg
(29.02 KiB) Downloaded 830 times
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I love consistency as much as the next guy, but in my SGS2 the report menu is 3x3 by default while the main menu is something like 3x2.5

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.
This could be enabled / disabled by a setting.

Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.

I think it is not a very hard work to insert a test condition (this test condition already exists on speed).
I like this idea. I've always wanted to get an alert if I'm 3~5km/h below the limit. I don't know about others' preference, so I never modify the camera details.
If it is implemented, then I'd like to control how close to the speed limit I am before I get an alert. I don't want to be alerted always. I am satisfied with just a setting in the preferences file.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Nacron
Used the pick up feature this morning on the last beta and it still didn't work. If I chose the notification via notification bar it would make Waze stuck in portrait and if I confirmed in app, Waze wouldn't route. And even if I left it to count down, it wouldn't show any route on map and the turn by turn direction up top would be stuck. I do hope this issue was fixed before it was released to play store.

Heh, a lot of the comments left in the play store is for issues we reported but was never fixed here

I can confirm the bug wherein if you select the notification from the pulldown notifications, Waze will get stuck in portrait in the market version
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Nacron
Jpere wrote:
daknife wrote:
Keihin wrote: AFAIK this is all by design. Not bugs.
Then it's a faulty design. What was wrong with the two page indicator at the bottom of the icon screen indicating a need to swipe to the right to go to the second page of buttons. The prior method was a far cleaner and more sensible format for when the button count exceeded what the screen can display.
This. One hundred times this. I have a Galaxy S3 and the last thing I need is to scroll the menu when there is PLENTY OF SCREEN SPACE remaining.

Secondly, I dislike the fact that the X button to close the pop ups is tiny and tucked away in the corner of the pop-up.

Finally, it's difficult to make out the little number next to the replies or thanks in the pop-up.

As far as in-car usability, we've taken a step back with this version.

What is the point of having beta testers if you're going to ignore their feedback? Unbelievable.
This.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by Nacron on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by noamparn
bjdrums wrote:Congratlations. Love the new look.

It took a while for the GPS to finally lock in and after many restarts, but now it's functioning well.

Two issues:

- I agree with the other that the navigation bar is too big (especially in landscape mode). I think it would look better if all the information were condensed to a single line 1/3 the size it is now (see attachment)

- BUG: Droid X in Car Dock - Android version 2.3.4
1. Start Waze in landscape mode
2. Switch to another screen or application outside of Waze
3. When I return to Waze the screen is stuck in portrait mode and will not detect orientation.
I agree with these issues and bugs. The huge navigation bar is especially a problem in Landscape mode.
I'm getting the same thing on mine (with the orientation not returning to landscape after coming back to Waze).
noamparn
Send a message
Verizon Droid Razr Maxx, Android OS 2.3.6, Waze Beta 3.1.99.121

Post by Olestas
Please remove stupid SCROLLING of menus. Just make fullscreen buttons. Scrolling lags, distracts and is just stupid. PLEASE.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Waze 3.5 keeps loosing GPS randomly. I have reported this many times, sent many logs, but all was useless. I did not get any reply explaining if it is my phone fault or waze fault, which I believe more. GPS is lost after police alert, radar alert, or some other alerts. GPS is lost when i stop the car. GPS is lost when nearing destination bar appears.

This is the most annoying issue, because GPS is the most essential part of navigating.

Android 2.3.3
LG P500.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
perlin wrote:
olestas wrote:GPS is lost when i stop the car. GPS is lost when nearing destination bar appears
Send logs (in debug mode) after it happens and specify the date and hour.
So it happened again.
Logs sent:
18:54 GMT.
Police report on road was seen about 18:48 GMT. And GPS was lost immediately, until I pressed not there button.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message