Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CJF2124
My only comment is that my Area Manager status appears to have disappeared with this editor upgrade
CJF2124
Send a message
Chris
Cramlington / South East Northumberland AM

Interested in Hospital Radio? Visit Northumberland Hospital Radio here https://www.nhr.org.uk

Post by CrackedLCD
I've got an older computer and Waze editing is generally a slow process, but this update has speed things up noticeably. It's rare for me to find something that's "updated and new" that actually speeds things up instead of slowing things down more. Good job!

Edit: I think I found a bug. When bridging two segments of a road that is a dead end/cul-de-sac, the end node disappears when the combination is saved. It's done it three times to me now. Luckily the WME script highlights it so it's an easy catch.

One minor problem I'm having when selecting multiple segments is sometimes the editor gets 'stuck' like I'm pressing a mouse button and it's taking geometry nodes and dragging them all over the place. I'm 100% sure I'm not accidentally clicking them, either. It's happened three times now, all on very tiny segments.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CrackedLCD
Holy crap, it works in Opera now. :shock:

And in keeping with a theme from a few posts ago, I'm at a paltry 1280x960 on my trusty old 4:3 monitor, and it looks just fine. The left info pane is definitely bigger but not a deal breaker. My only real complaint so far is the geo nodes need to be black. And square. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I thought Shift-Z was a curious change, but after using it a while I think it's actually slightly easier than Shift-A. I love that we can change the shortcuts, though. That's a nice touch.

When I first started editing, I was using my mouse left handed but I switched because I was going so crazy it literally left me in pain after marathon editing sessions. In fact, my whole left arm hurts all day every day now. Maybe it's just being a lefty spazz, but I actually worked quicker that way, with the keyboard shifted to my far right so my right hand could work all the shortcuts. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
bz2012 wrote:SO, I ask again: is everyone having the same problem?
I'll chime in with a resounding "yes".

I've only been editing for a few months but never encountered the issue you described until the update. So I think it's perfectly normal to report that here because it's an issue with the new editor version and this is the feedback page.

I combed through the entire thread and didn't see this specific issue really acknowledged, so I dunno why people would be upset that it's being mentioned now. If nothing else, it gives us solace to know we're not the only ones having these issues. If you lose the ability to select roads, hitting Permalink should fix it. I've been doing that because it's breaking almost every time I zoom in to handle superfluous nodes close together.

Of course, after the 22nd Permalink/refresh after zooming in/out, I finally decided to call it a night. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Has anyone else encountered an issue with mass selections using the M shortcut key?

I got on a tear today fixing some parking lot roads that had been mis-labelled as streets. And before I knew it, I'd selected something like 23 segments. I was able to change them to parking lot roads in the drop down box, but when I clicked saved they all turned into major highways! :o

At first I chalked it up to me being careless, but it's happened twice more now. I select segments, do a mass change, then click on the map to unselect (always forgetting that 'M' has to be deactivated so it does nothing, then hitting 'M' again to deactivate that feature) then saving. And each time I've had more than 5 or 10 segments selected.

I realize there are some known mass editing caveats but I haven't seen this covered yet, and never came across the issue before this release.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
After using the new version for a while, I think I've come across two instances of odd behaviour and I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

First, when selecting small segments with geometry nodes in between the A-B points, I'm noticing a big tendency for the cursor to not change from the crosshairs back to a pointer. When this happens, if I click anywhere on the screen, it places the geometry node at that spot. It's very annoying during mass edits and deletes, where I'm trying to delete a lot of unneeded driveways or nodes in a reasonable amount of time. The only workarounds are to either hit escape and cancel the action, or wiggle the cursor over the selected segment back and forth until it "releases" and goes back to a cursor.

Second, I'm having occasional trouble inputting data like street names onto segments. I'll start typing and then it's like someone hit the escape key, cancelling the operation. I'm not hitting any stray keys or mouse buttons, so I have no idea where that escape command is coming from. It seems to do it if I'm typing quickly and the dropdown list of possible road populates with a bunch of different choices. But it doesn't do it with any reproduce-able regularity, so I'm stumped.

These problems didn't seem to happen on the old version. Has anyone else encountered these minor but annoying issues?

This is on Win XP sp2, Chrome version 24.0.1312.14 beta-m.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
And why bother with house numbers anyway? Waze in the US doesn't use them and we don't get credit/points for adding them.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Well, fiddlesticks. It's giving me the same error no matter what I do.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
davipt wrote:
CrackedLCD wrote:Well, fiddlesticks. It's giving me the same error no matter what I do.
Have you seen my post? select the segments that gives you errors, click on permalink, and go to waze.com/support, write ghost segments and post the permalink asking waze to remove those broken segments.
[deleted a bunch of silly stuff]

OK I've narrowed my uneditable space down to an area about 10x10 miles square, maybe a little smaller. These aren't overlapping roads, they just can't be edited. If I go far enough out, I can edit stuff again, but those are all areas I've already cleaned up. I sent a permalink to support with one of the roads that is messed up, but in reality it's a huge area to cover. It looks like some roads that I edited have reverted back to their old state and the map is a mess. What now? :?
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message