Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby davipt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm

youncs wrote:Still hoping to be able to send messages to UR's so I can at least paste a link to the wiki or forum explaining why I didn't / couldn't fix the problem they reported.

I'd be happy just to see the name of the reporter. Then we could talk to the guy via the forum.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:02 am

youncs wrote:
davipt wrote:
youncs wrote:Still hoping to be able to send messages to UR's so I can at least paste a link to the wiki or forum explaining why I didn't / couldn't fix the problem they reported.

I'd be happy just to see the name of the reporter. Then we could talk to the guy via the forum.

I can't get map editors to talk to me via the forum :roll:

I meant "at least we know who reported it" ;) I know what you mean, my reports explicitly say "personal note from davipt do not close" and just got one report closed. As I report everything as wrong route, so I can later get the violet suggested route and the green driven route and have more information (specially if I say "right petrol, left no", now I don't recall what the issue was. Fortunately thanks to the color highlights extension I could isolate the change the guy did and recall what it was (waze routed me through a side parallel street instead of the minor highway, probably to get munch points) and the guy redraw the street *under* the minor highway, so I was looking at the map, with the script telling me "one change from the guy", and not seeing anything green on the map.

So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!

This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.

There is already a setting on the client to allow me to be anonymous, visible to friends or public. Just use that same privacy setting on the reports. The legal boilerplate should the same - the privacy applied to police/accident/etc reports visible on the client map should be the same as the privacy of a user report on the editor, or am I missing something?
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 am

so now we need a new set of icons for the signatures most of us decreased one cone (I've seen reports of 4-3, I went 5 to 4, and there is no 100K+4 cones banner ;)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Foru ... re_Banners
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

While we're at bug reporting and improvements, there is an old issue still present on the new version. It happens only with Firefox (not on Safari or Chrome), where segments on the horizontal (or almost) are quite hard to select. Vertical or diagonal ones are ok.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 am

daknife wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!

This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.

Which is funny as there is no problem identifying the person who addressed the UR in the email the system kicks out. That is a double standard.

Ok I think I kind of understand waze's concerns here, but as daknife, I don't think it makes that much senses that all UR's are anonymous just because of some complains, specially when everything else is public or at least privacy configurable. But IANAL.

So I'd switch back my request from getting the UR's username visible to getting back some of the cartouche_old functionality, namely the two input boxes, one where the reporter can edit the text of the report (easier to write on the web than the client), and one where the editor can write back some text to the reporter, both inputs visible, so other editors can see the status of the report fix. No users need to be visible. A change on the editor box should generate an email to the reporter, similar to the "closed" email of today, so the reporter can go back to the report and add more data or whatever is needed to fix it.

I'd also like a feature to set reports to be visible only by owner, probably solving the privacy issue for some users. This because I use and abuse the reports to take notes, while driving, of each potential fix and relevant information. Then when I drive a new route it may happen that the route itself becomes drawn just with the reports. I believe this can be frustrating for other editors as most reports are cryptic (hard to write while driving) but enough for me to know what to fix.

PS: Also on the subject of notes, but it would be nice to have a "notes" field for each segments and landmarks where editors could leave notes to other editors stating why some change was done some way.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 am

mssusa wrote:Issues: (On Chrome, Chrome zoom %100, Windows 7 64bit, World server, All helper tools disabled except the live map navigation list).

1. I got road object/image mismatch after I played with it for some time. (...)
2. Geometry nodes are hard to spot.
3. There does need to be a faster way to access street names by just selecting the street without the need for "e" or clicking on "edit".
4. Hitting "Enter" on street name does not update it. I have to click on "Apply".
5. When naming segments of the same street by choosing from the nearby street name drop down list clicking on a names does not select it.
6. I sometimes get transparent turn restrictions that I can't change.

1 was already happening on the previous version. It works on my firefox, but my colleague on chrome was always seeing the roads besides the satellite images, so it's not a new bug (it may happen more now, I don't know)

2. +1, the new drag nodes and the new arrows when a segment is selected are hard to distinguish.

3. having the "e" to edit is already an advance from the previous version. I'd just suggest that pressing 'e' and opening the editing would pre-focus the city input field right away (or the street if city=none, or no focus if both=none of course)

4. works on firefox and safari, it may be a simple javascript fix. which browser?

5. also works on firefox. both clicking on the street with the mouse, as well as arrow down + enter. I do have a issue though. Let's assume there is a road named "N8" and a "N8-1". If I try to edit the street name and write "N" the drop down shows the two suggestions. Then I write 8 because I want N8, but because the first suggestion is N8-1, the input box changes automatically to N8-1. I basically need to write N8+ESC+Enter to dismiss the suggestion box and avoid saving the wrong name.

6. isn't that the transparent arrow feature? just press "a" to make them transparent or opaque, and shift-z to switch between the arrows from the selected segment to the red arrows on the map. some say shift-? gives you a screen with the keyboard commands, but I can only see it on safari and not on firefox, as the ? in the Portuguese keyboard is already a shift-key-right-to-0 so I can't do a double-shift ;)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am

mssusa wrote:
davipt wrote:
mssusa wrote:3. There does need to be a faster way to access street names by just selecting the street without the need for "e" or clicking on "edit".
6. I sometimes get transparent turn restrictions that I can't change.

3. having the "e" to edit is already an advance from the previous version. I'd just suggest that pressing 'e' and opening the editing would pre-focus the city input field right away (or the street if city=none, or no focus if both=none of course)

6. isn't that the transparent arrow feature? just press "a" to make them transparent or opaque, and shift-z to switch between the arrows from the selected segment to the red arrows on the map. some say shift-? gives you a screen with the keyboard commands, but I can only see it on safari and not on firefox, as the ? in the Portuguese keyboard is already a shift-key-right-to-0 so I can't do a double-shift ;)

3. It'd even be better if selecting a segment automatically opens its properties and focuses on city or name as you suggest. Why click to select the segment then click or press "e"? why not just click to select the segment?

6. No it is not, or at least it should not be as I have not asked for it. "a" produces the same behavior, but I did not touch it. It happened when I QWed a node while editing and saved before picking individual turns to restrict. It also happened with the previous version once or twice.

3. I don't agree. I personally seldom need to change the city or street name (it should be a one time operation) so I'd hate if every time I'd select a segment the editor would focus on a input box and I'd no longer be able to do anything else as no other key shortcut would work. I like the 'e' shortcut a lot, just miss the auto-focus on city/street to be even faster.

6. I think I know what you mean. It's probably related to the "bug" where one selects the red arrows (shift-z now), then qw a node and the arrows won't go away most of the time, one needs to shift-z twice or some other refresh.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 pm

mssusa wrote:A middle meeting point is to keep the old behavior: when clicking on a link its properties should be opened without changing the focus.

What was the old behavior I forgot already? :D Oh, the city and street were already visible, and the apply/cancel would appear only if the data was changed, right? I see your point and agree that a middle point would then be perfect:

- select a segment would show the properties pane (like now, just show it without animation, keep it simple), including the country/city/street fields visible right away, no edit button.
- like before, changing one of those value enables the apply/cancel button
- the 'e' shortcut would then become a focus on city/street so one could quickly select-segment, 'e', city name, tab tab, street name, enter.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm

anonymous0816 wrote:
davipt wrote:6. ... some say shift-? gives you a screen with the keyboard commands, but I can only see it on safari and not on firefox, as the ? in the Portuguese keyboard is already a shift-key-right-to-0 so I can't do a double-shift ;)

Well. German keyboard layout would also require a double-shift.
Please fix this. Either make it "?"-only or "Shift+h" for example for "help".

Yeah, my Mac keyboard is German, but my layout is portuguese (8 years in Germany), I just don't look at the keyboard keys. But funny thing is that the shift-? does work on Safari, just not on Firefox.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor