Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Nacron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 am

Wow, just saw the new editor. Am I seeing a way to restrict u-turns by selecting multiple streets in an intersection?!

Nevermind, it's just diretionality for multiple segments
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | 5.1.1 | Waze 3.9.8.0 RC beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM
ImageImageImageImage
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby skbun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 am

bgodette wrote:
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Segment_Edit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.

The automatic default for an alternate street's city *should* be the same as the primary street ID, but there definitely should be the ability to change it.

Well, if that's what's decided, then any segment's alt streets should get the same error checking that primary streets do, before a save. Right now, I can change any alt street to any city in the state it's in, no matter how far away, and Waze won't bat an eye, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't check CityIDs against states, in the case of smudged cities, either. Whether 'One segment, one city' or 'One segment, multiple cities' is decided, IMHO, some error checking badly needs to be added on the WME internals side.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby TonyTorrent » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 am

shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

We have just released a new major WME version. This version has been developed and tested for a long time and we'd like to thank our amazing beta testers for all their help and input.

(edited for space)

I hope you guys will all enjoy these changes!
Please feel free to share your feedback...

Thanks,

Shirli

Hi Shirli. :)

I'm fairly new to Waze, but I've got some corrections for the map in my local area that I'd like to do. One of them is adding a gas station to the map. I've looked over the videos and the manual, but the one thing both of them show is the information input pane that should show up on the left side by the map.

When I try to do this, I click on the + button, then do the outline of where the station is, but that's as far as I can go with it. The information input pane doesn't show up, so I'm not able to actually make the correction.

Just for the sake of it, I checked the other items I should be able to change, such as adding a road, and the information input pane shows up as it should.

Now, once again, I am new to Waze and only have about 250 miles logged with it. Is that the reason this isn't showing up? If you need to know, I'm using Google Chrome for my browser.

I have reported this to the Support people, and hopefully they'll be able to add the station in for me.

Also, is there a way to add a gas station that's not a name brand? For example, there's a small gas station near me that doesn't have any corporate name, such as Sunoco or Mobile. It's a privately owned station, but the prices of their gas is normally 5 to 10 cents lower. For Wazers that aren't from the area, that would help them save a lot of money. I'd like to add that station if it is possible.

Thanks!

TT
TonyTorrent

Postby weeezer14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am

bgodette wrote:
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Segment_Edit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.

Forget different cities. How about different states? For example: State St in Bristol, TN / Bristol, VA

To the left of the double yellow line is VA, to the right is TN.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby umopapisdn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:The legal boilerplate should the same - the privacy applied to police/accident/etc reports visible on the client map should be the same as the privacy of a user report on the editor, or am I missing something?

I haven't read it recently, but before v3.5, there was no "invisible" mode, but there was the no-login mode giving you a usa_ or world_ username. The legalese I believe gave more privacy rights to the user regardless of submitting requests and what not. Waze just needs to make sure they have the right language to avoid lawsuits. Some users have been vocally pissed about their data being captured and stored. In fact, the reason the username was removed from URs was, I believe, because of an outcry.

i (mostly) don't care if i can see the username of the UR submitter. would it be enough to be able to include a comment to the submitter when closing a UR?
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Southern Indiana, and a few other random locales.
ImageImage
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby invented » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 am

I noticed the "State" dropdown is no longer present in Canada. It used to say 'Other' or perhaps 'New York' depending on where I was, but it's just not there anymore.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby xtago » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:
bgodette wrote:

Forget different cities. How about different states? For example: State St in Bristol, TN / Bristol, VA

To the left of the double yellow line is VA, to the right is TN.

You'd need 2 one easy streets or pick a state or probably have no state and a road name.

Its alt names not alt name, state, city.

The states don't mean anything much just a search area look up, in waze/editor Australia doesn't have any states even though there is 8 states with more minor ones as well like Norfolk island.

We have to add states to the suburb/city name, so the area names don't get mixed up over the whole country.

Which must cause problems for the servers as they are dealing with an area the size of the USA.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Postby xtago » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 am

I've noticed the petrol brands are all messed up in Australia.

People should check for that, seems to be mixed up with US and euro petrol brands I assume.
xtago

Postby mssusa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 pm

My eyes are killing me! Is there a visual cue for showing if a segment is terminated with a node? The A or B cover everything. For named roads I can sometimes see a blue (black?) dot at the end when the segment is terminated with a node, but when it is not named yet? nothing. Same goes when you select a segment. Named or not, I can't see if it is terminated.

I will get used to it like I finally came to love the old version. But for now? everything is killing my eyes. My productivity in Chrome is very reduced because of the irregular behavior of the editing boxes. Is Firefox any better? I left Firefox only for Waze because the last version stated that it is only compatible with Chrome. What is the officially supported browser with this version?
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I've noticed minor change, which led to state that I must scroll down to see "permalink" while using WME on notebook (1920x1080). this is caused by having white bar with only + (add) button and nothing more.
(on external display (1920x1200) WME fits the screen well.

just compare screenshots of new WME from previous week (taken from this tread)
download/file.php?id=6134
and now:
descartes.png
descartes.png (68.76 KiB) Viewed 568 times

change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

please revert this change, it is useles to have screen-wide bar only for ONE button. thanks
Last edited by porubcan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.0.1.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor