These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
olestas wrote:GPS is lost when i stop the car. GPS is lost when nearing destination bar appears
Send logs (in debug mode) after it happens and specify the date and hour.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Sanicko wrote:Many menus (especialy Categories menu, Error report...) have problem on many devices (I tested on Sone Ericsson Xperia Neo V and Samsung Galaxy S Plus) in portrait mode:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56270123/Waze/s ... 0_1716.png

In Landscape mode this problem doesn't appear:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56270123/Waze/s ... 2_1702.png
Fixed for next version.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:All texts are not translated (and not available into transifex) See picture for 1 example
As mentioned before- send translation issues to Orit (translations@waze.com).
Autourdupc wrote:Have always the same pop-up when starting Waze (that where not existing before .125 beta)
What popup?
Autourdupc wrote:Still get reports outside radius defined in settings (this is a boring issue, isn't it ?)
As mentioned before- we are aware of this problem.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,
WeeeZer14 wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Icons missing (mentioned elsewhere)
shot_000002.png
This seems to be an intentional design choice and not an error.
Really!

Same thing to select your car. You have the icon and no text beside it until you select one and it pops back to the previous menu.

If this really is "by design" WTF are they designing for??!!
It's not by design, it's a bug and I already mentioned it's fixed for next version.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
aamadorj wrote:
bkayrac wrote:can't view scoreboard inside app, crashes on galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

logs sent just a minute ago
Same problem here: scoreboard option produces "force close". My device is also a Google Nexus, running Jellybean (ParanoidAndroid 2.52 ROM) and latest version of Waze.

I will try "nuking" the Waze folder on SD Card.

UPDATE: deleting Waze folder on SD Card didn't help. Waze still "force closed" at the scoreboard option.
Please send logs and specify the date and hour of the occurrence.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Agamicox wrote:Will someone implement Favorite sorting function? A-Z or New-Old or what ever?
Or maybe Export to somewhere -> Arrange them how you want and Import back in order?
This option will be implemented in a future version.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Den_in_USA wrote:
anonymous0816 wrote:Since the upgrade the waze icon in the pull down status bar is almost invisible because on my device.
The icon and the bar both are of quite the same bright grey color.
A solution could be a bi-color design that has at least some kind of contrast in itself even if background transparency is used.

Thank You.
I have the same problem. My Waze icon is white on a light grey backround. However, not all Android versions have a light grey backround. I have version 2.2.2 (Froyo).
Can you please provide a screenshot?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
amiga6 wrote:The screen was blank several times yesterday morning (10:15 to 11:00 Swedish time) and early this morning (4:35 to 05:00).
I have also had problems with reporting in gasoline prices, as I have not found the gas station as I was next. Logs sent recently (39 files).
Please provide a concrete example (a specific gas station that you're unable to find. Also mention how far are you exactly from the station).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
gshults wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
timcampbel wrote:I think it would be very nice if we could not only post the location of police on our side of the road, but also on the opposite direction. Sometimes we can see things that the other direction cannot see.

Does anyone else agree with this?
Yes, I agree. I also think that we should be able to report heavy traffic and hazards that we see in the lanes traveling in the opposite direction that we are traveling. Also, would be great if we could press and hold a spot off the road to add a text box that can say, for example "building on fire" or "brush fire".
You can and have been able to for ages. When you report something there is a "my lane/other lane option. This changes the highlighted direction of travel next to it and as such moves the report to the other side of the road
This option doesn't really work. You can select "opposite lane" but it won't really send the report to the other side of the road. We are working on fixing it (not as simple as one'd think).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
darkneon wrote:MainMenu not optimized for larger screens
We are not optimizing the menus per device/resolution. We've designed it to act similar on all devices, even for phones with smaller screens, so that on multiple devices the interface is the same, with the same size menus and the same icons showing.
perlin
Send a message