Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

thank you much, font size was set to medium, but the problem was with the zoom level (which is adjustable via ctrl+mouse wheel and I accidentaly changed it to 90% what cuases the trouble)
thanks for guiding me to right direction. when using zoom level at 100 % top menu is displayed correctly and Permalink is visible as the page fits the window.
Last edited by porubcan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vectorspace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Wow,

I go away on a little "vacation" and there is a new editor and 18 pages of chat about it!

Thanks Waze for the new editor. It's great to see all the effort you're putting into the app and tools. I actually watched the new editing videos just to see how you were communicating with new users--good job, although some of the graphics are now different with the new user interface of the editor.

Here are a few comments, apparently some similar to others:

(1) I found that old_cartouche is finally gone. I tried to go there to unlock segments that should not be locked (as we could sneak in and do before), but no way to do that now. Therefore the issue of inappropriately locked segments from prior policy is now even more important to your experienced editor community. This is very disabling. Putting in unlock requests is not very efficient.

(2) The whole street editing user interface looks very nice but seems a bit more difficult to use because the fields are small to fit larger text. They match a nice look-and-feel, but are not very human-factors aware. Larger text areas are important for productivity for experienced edtiors, in my opinion.

(3) I really like the addition of A-B to help sort out directionality in a more intuitive way, but I think your user interface methodology is obscuring the road too much. The big A and B at the end of segments is easy to see but a bit too overboard. If you could consider putting A and B just off above or below segments, that would be better. The A and B obscure junctions and make you have to deselect the road to see them. While deselecting works, it 's not an optimal approach for an efficient UI.

Look forward to more updates in the editor and client!
vectorspace

Postby anonymous0816 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Since today morning it is not possible to edit an area I was able to edit just the other day after I drove it. Several other a little bit older drives are also affected.
Edit: INTL server
Attachments
wme.png
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
anonymous0816

Postby fotrik » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

INTL editor horribly slow today, some road tiles randomly not loaded. Impossible to work. :(
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I've noticed minor change, which led to state that I must scroll down to see "permalink" while using WME on notebook (1920x1080). this is caused by having white bar with only + (add) button and nothing more.
(on external display (1920x1200) WME fits the screen well.

just compare screenshots of new WME from previous week (taken from this tread)
download/file.php?id=6134
and now:
descartes.png
(68.76 KiB) Downloaded 633 times

change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

please revert this change, it is useles to have screen-wide bar only for ONE button. thanks
Last edited by porubcan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mssusa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 pm

My eyes are killing me! Is there a visual cue for showing if a segment is terminated with a node? The A or B cover everything. For named roads I can sometimes see a blue (black?) dot at the end when the segment is terminated with a node, but when it is not named yet? nothing. Same goes when you select a segment. Named or not, I can't see if it is terminated.

I will get used to it like I finally came to love the old version. But for now? everything is killing my eyes. My productivity in Chrome is very reduced because of the irregular behavior of the editing boxes. Is Firefox any better? I left Firefox only for Waze because the last version stated that it is only compatible with Chrome. What is the officially supported browser with this version?
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby xtago » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 am

I've noticed the petrol brands are all messed up in Australia.

People should check for that, seems to be mixed up with US and euro petrol brands I assume.
xtago

Postby invented » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 am

I noticed the "State" dropdown is no longer present in Canada. It used to say 'Other' or perhaps 'New York' depending on where I was, but it's just not there anymore.
invented

Postby umopapisdn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:The legal boilerplate should the same - the privacy applied to police/accident/etc reports visible on the client map should be the same as the privacy of a user report on the editor, or am I missing something?

I haven't read it recently, but before v3.5, there was no "invisible" mode, but there was the no-login mode giving you a usa_ or world_ username. The legalese I believe gave more privacy rights to the user regardless of submitting requests and what not. Waze just needs to make sure they have the right language to avoid lawsuits. Some users have been vocally pissed about their data being captured and stored. In fact, the reason the username was removed from URs was, I believe, because of an outcry.

i (mostly) don't care if i can see the username of the UR submitter. would it be enough to be able to include a comment to the submitter when closing a UR?
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am

bgodette wrote:
skbun wrote:http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Segment_Edit_Detail:

An alternate name street must also have the same city as the primary segment. (My emphasis added)
So there's no Street anywhere in the world that belongs to two cities or a city with two official names. Somehow I doubt that.

Forget different cities. How about different states? For example: State St in Bristol, TN / Bristol, VA

[ img ]

To the left of the double yellow line is VA, to the right is TN.
WeeeZer14

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor