Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by I-hate-traffic
I continue to loose miles each day in Waze. My one way commute is 32 miles and I that's about what I miss each day.

When I travel to an office different than my regular drive it works fine.

Is there a fix in the works?
I-hate-traffic
Send a message

Post by iron_eric
+1 also, if there was a 'like' button (which there may be, not looked!) some comments deserve it :)
iron_eric
Send a message

Post by jrbdmb
youncs wrote:Snarky comments aside,

points accumulation is hardly the primary reason for using Waze, wouldn't you agree?

Or perhaps not if you created a spreadsheet for the sole purpose of tracking them. :ugeek:
From another new user, my concern and frustration isn't the points (interesting and fun, but in the end who really cares?) but the fact that most of my drives over 5 km or so have not been processed by Waze, so there are large areas I want to edit and improve that I cannot since the drive(s) thru that area have never been processed. This has occurred with drives up to three weeks old, far longer than the 7 days the Waze status indicates.

The editing feature of Waze is great, but useless if I'm not given access to roads I've driven on multiple times.
jrbdmb
Send a message

Post by lordkaosu
The points are just an incentive to get involved with the Waze community and improve things, not the main reason to use the app.
lordkaosu
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
So you are telling me that points mean more to you than accurate up to date maps that you don't have to pay for? Even google doesn't have roads drawn in some places that Waze does, and google has gone social on their maps too. Why would you pay $70 every six months for new maps that may or may not be as accurate as Waze is or can be? Even at it's worse Waze maps are 2 months old.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I drive ~40 miles each way to and from work with some of that not being connected to the network and I don't lose my mileage when Waze is working right. Are you shutting down your phone when not connected to the network / a wireless router?
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by xtago
Id say get a garmin and use waze for fun on the side, and use the garmin for any important trips you need to do.

The maps on the garmin will be a 1000x better than the waze maps, most of the old inner city roads and suburbs aren't even mapped what so ever so once you need a suburb street or side street waze will be useless anyway whereas the garmin will have all those streets ready to go.

The points systems mean very little to me as well, in fact id rather see it dropped as its not really needed in a GPS program.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago
Send a message

Post by yippeekyaa
Enjoy those road goodies and weekly updates Garmin gives you.
yippeekyaa
Send a message

Post by youncs
Snarky comments aside,

points accumulation is hardly the primary reason for using Waze, wouldn't you agree?

Or perhaps not if you created a spreadsheet for the sole purpose of tracking them. :ugeek:
youncs
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .