The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by GeekNJ
I'm the original poster of one of the merged threads. It's been 4 days now and all we know is "they are aware". Would be good to get some insight into the problem and what the resolution will be and when. If it's a code issue and it's fixed (and we hope they are working on it) will the problem be resolved or will it be a much longer process of re-processing drives to get our editable areas back? If it's the latter who long would they anticipate that process taking?

GeekNJ
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
Because some drives overlap with previous areas it is difficult to tell which drives were lost. Performance right now on the editable map for NA is extremely sluggish.

A drive on Nov 3 shows completely outside of my editable area.

Drives from the end of August, less then 3 months old are also missing when they were there just before I started this thread. Drives were from Aug 15-19th but the Live Map is refusing to load the drives/roads right now so I can't be more specific if it's all of them or some of them.

GeekNJ
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
Disappointing that the issue was reported on Nov 6th ( viewtopic.php?p=283377#p283377 ) and 12 days later there is still no resolution or meaningful update.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
jasonh300 wrote:And it's been 3 days since I posted the update that the developers have recognized the problem and are working to find a solution...2 days of which have been a weekend. This isn't the only problem that they're working on.
Why take it so personally Jason? I'm not sure why you would say it's been 3 days and just 1 working day. See all the below history:

On Nov 8th (10 days ago) at http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 60#p285149 you posted "Support had been contacted directly about this and they're looking into it, as of this morning."

On Nov 11th (7 days ago) you again posted asking for more info the developers asked you, though I think if they glanced at the thread they would have found references to dates of missing drives that were still listed but not showing as editable.

Now 3 days ago you posted http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 20#p291782 which indicates they were telling you "OK, it seems that this is a problem in processing some new drives. There's a status update on the Status-Page and we're working on a fix.". Some of my editable areas for drives were newer (within a few days of when the problem started) and some weren't. Sure, it could have been the way it was phrased or they could be working on an issue they found that is different from the problems reported in this thread that I started.

Anyway as a professional developer I understand there are often multiple problems to deal with but also being responsible for teams of developers and revenue associated with what is released, I'm extremely aware of prioritization. Maybe this isn't the worst or most impactful issue they have but from my end it's the only one I'm having. If the team is the same one working on the front-end client, maybe they are focused on that and what I consider a poor decision to release the new client in the state it was in. I'm glad I followed all the beta posts and decided against upgrading my Android app for the time being.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
Yeah... I'm guessing we're not getting back the lost editable areas.
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by grookdaoger
hi
i have the same problem : lost a big part of my editable area. Can't access areas i drive 3 days ago. :(
can u help me ?

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... =161942814
grookdaoger
Send a message

Post by grookdaoger
no one can help ?

a road i drove and updaded last week (that i can still access):
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-61. ... =178100581

a segment of this road i can't access anymore (" You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area ") :
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-61. ... =180346409
grookdaoger
Send a message

Post by grouchyhoosier
Same here. I emailed support over a day ago no response yet. Meanwhile my weekly first place is tanking...
grouchyhoosier
Send a message

Post by Gyr1949
I'm experiencing a similar issue. A drive from Sunday, November 4 showed up on Monday, November 5, and it expanded my editable area. Today, the drive is still there, but the editable area is back to where it was.

I submitted an email to support - I'll let you know what I hear from them.
Gyr1949
Send a message

Post by Gyr1949
Well, that explains it, then.

Not.

:?
Gyr1949
Send a message