The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Post by kentsmith9
The new Ext Tools patch is only partially working for me. I will keep playing with it. Not sure I have everything set correctly.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Problem with ZIP file. Error: No Central Directory.

Maybe the file got corrupted.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
dave_cairns wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:Problem with ZIP file. Error: No Central Directory.

Maybe the file got corrupted.
I've just downloaded and installed it OK. Have another go. Be sure to rename the file WME-extended-tools-1.6.5.2.crx (not .zip)

D.
Ah. Are you saying this is not a valid ZIP file in the first place and it is a CRX file named as ZIP? By your prior description this sounds like it is only for Chrome then.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
dave_cairns wrote:The file has been packaged using Chrome, but an unzipper like 7zip will read its contents.
OK. That is my point. The ZIP file you attached is not universally unzippable. I am using the very popular WinZIP Pro from 2011 and it will not unzip this file. I can certainly go get a different unzip application, but if you have a way of zipping with something less unique that might help.

Either way thanks so much for your work on this matter.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
LOL. We are going around in circles my friend. OK you have CRX files that YOU renamed to ZIP. That is why even my latest copy of WinZIP 17 just now installed is still failing because they are NOT ZIP files. I guess you did say that somewhere up there, but I guess I missed it. I don't generally use Chrome, so I will see what I can do to extract the text file from the CRX file. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
dave_cairns wrote:Well we've been back and forwards on this one now.. it might be quicker if I just zip it and post it as well.. so for anybody else out there reading this.. this is just the .js file for greasemonkey, not Chrome :)
Thanks for the help on this.

I have loaded it in FF 16 with no problem. It is still limited for the other features as discussed, but I am successful with the others already noted that are working.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Normal screen/full screen seems to be broken. The tools list only appears in the full screen mode position, but when you hit full screen it add a second tools list pull down below the prior. Switching back and forth keeps adding another drop down icon until you permalink.

Not a critical issue to using it as it stands.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Reading the French thread it appears the toolbar move appears to be intentional, but the image of his screen shot does not match mine, so if they don't see it on their side I can try to translate and post over there. ;)

Gdu1971 appears to be working on the Allow All Drives feature.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
gdu1971 wrote:- Restore Allow all drives (Wazer level 4 only)
Gdu1971 is my new hero! :!: :lol: :!:
khaytsus wrote:Allow All Drives doesn't appear to do anything to me, Chrome still gives an error, Firefox the same I assume, I tried in both and neither did anything. I am a Level 4 editor.
I am also using FF16 and no problems on this function. Be sure you did a permalink to refresh the page to ensure the new script loaded. Maybe you have another script conflicting? Maybe try to disable all but this one?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message