Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby fotrik » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

INTL editor horribly slow today, some road tiles randomly not loaded. Impossible to work. :(
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby anonymous0816 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Since today morning it is not possible to edit an area I was able to edit just the other day after I drove it. Several other a little bit older drives are also affected.
Edit: INTL server
Attachments
wme.png
wme.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 677 times
anonymous0816

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

porubcan wrote:change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

This would happen if you have adjusted the browser's default font size to a smaller size. Larger sizes does not seem to cause this. The default fonts in use by this version of WME looks larger than previously and is too big in my opinion.

Having left hand panel script displays that exceed the vertical panel size is also what causes the road graphic layout vs segment positions sync issues.
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
porubcan wrote:change also displaced Add menu below the button... now it goes off the screen

This would happen if you have adjusted the browser's default font size to a smaller size. Larger sizes does not seem to cause this. The default fonts in use by this version of WME looks larger than previously and is too big in my opinion.

Having left hand panel script displays that exceed the vertical panel size is also what causes the road graphic layout vs segment positions sync issues.

well I'm using WME in Chrome 22.0.1229.94 with highlight script, so I just switched script off and reloaded WME...
i'm not aware of changing default font size
haven't helped. if I change browser zoom level to 75% it help with the menu going off screen, but I still have to scroll down in order to get to permalink. even on external screen with 1920x1200 res.

here is screenshot of full Chrome window with browser's zoom at 90%: http://oi50.tinypic.com/xc80uf.jpg
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vectorspace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Wow,

I go away on a little "vacation" and there is a new editor and 18 pages of chat about it!

Thanks Waze for the new editor. It's great to see all the effort you're putting into the app and tools. I actually watched the new editing videos just to see how you were communicating with new users--good job, although some of the graphics are now different with the new user interface of the editor.

Here are a few comments, apparently some similar to others:

(1) I found that old_cartouche is finally gone. I tried to go there to unlock segments that should not be locked (as we could sneak in and do before), but no way to do that now. Therefore the issue of inappropriately locked segments from prior policy is now even more important to your experienced editor community. This is very disabling. Putting in unlock requests is not very efficient.

(2) The whole street editing user interface looks very nice but seems a bit more difficult to use because the fields are small to fit larger text. They match a nice look-and-feel, but are not very human-factors aware. Larger text areas are important for productivity for experienced edtiors, in my opinion.

(3) I really like the addition of A-B to help sort out directionality in a more intuitive way, but I think your user interface methodology is obscuring the road too much. The big A and B at the end of segments is easy to see but a bit too overboard. If you could consider putting A and B just off above or below segments, that would be better. The A and B obscure junctions and make you have to deselect the road to see them. While deselecting works, it 's not an optimal approach for an efficient UI.

Look forward to more updates in the editor and client!
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 pm

porubcan wrote:i'm not aware of changing default font size
haven't helped. if I change browser zoom level to 75% it help with the menu going off screen, but I still

The page 'zoom' level does not affect the display. Under settings, select 'Advanced Settings' and scroll down to 'Web Content'. Set the font size on the drop-down there to 'Medium', which is the default. Altering this or using any 'custom' font settings will alter WME's display and seems to totally confuse it most of the time.

You can also just mouse over the left-hand pane or any other place where 'Text' appears on a web page and use Ctrl + MouseWheel Scroll up or down to adjust the font size. In your case, scroll forward to increase the font size, and the '+' toolbar should correctly align.

Due to this and the 'seemingly' larger fonts in use by WME, Tims' script also now extends over the vertical length of the screen. Same as on the older WME, anything in the left status panel that extends over the 'default' screen length seem to cause the map graphics & segment objects display to get totally out of sync.

It is likely due to the fact that the 2 'frames' are not really 2 totally independent frames, so if one frame's layer is slightly larger than expected, it causes HTML 'wrapping' issues on the other frame.
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby porubcan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

thank you much, font size was set to medium, but the problem was with the zoom level (which is adjustable via ctrl+mouse wheel and I accidentaly changed it to 90% what cuases the trouble)
thanks for guiding me to right direction. when using zoom level at 100 % top menu is displayed correctly and Permalink is visible as the page fits the window.
Last edited by porubcan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby japri » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

I lost my editable region that drove three days ago... when i started using this new map editor.

How Come? :roll:
japri

Postby davipt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm

japri wrote:I lost my editable region that drove three days ago... when i started using this new map editor.

I have a user here in Portugal that reported the same. He logged in and had 0 points and no permissions to edit anything (and surely was on world.waze.com), but after some hours everything was back ok for him.

Do you see any points and drives on your account?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

davipt wrote:
japri wrote:I lost my editable region that drove three days ago... when i started using this new map editor.

I have a user here in Portugal that reported the same. He logged in and had 0 points and no permissions to edit anything (and surely was on world.waze.com), but after some hours everything was back ok for him.

Do you see any points and drives on your account?

Please document areas lost here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31184
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor