Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
davipt wrote:PS: suggestion: could we instead use shift-m to enable "area *M*anagers" and leave the A/shift-A/S keys as before?

You can redefine them. Click on what you want to change in the help list, then press the key stroke you want. I have shift-m = managers and shift-a = arrows myself :)

blim you just saved my life! who would have guessed it was possible to change the shortcuts? Haven't seen that anywhere yet.

Now I just need to *change* the shortcut key to *open* the shortcut keys dialogue on firefox to be able to *change my shortcuts* :oops: (in several european keyboard, the "?" is already shift-something, so shift-? does works on safari and opera but not firefox)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:00 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:blim you just saved my life! who would have guessed it was possible to change the shortcuts? Haven't seen that anywhere yet.

I'm going to be a pest and say, "It's been in the keyboard shortcuts documentation for quite some time."

I can't know, I have no shortcuts documentation access with my main waze editing browser :P:P:P:P

(is it also on the wiki?)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

skbun wrote:At this point, it'd surely be less taxing on the database server than having to scroll around, zooming in and out, querying thousands of segments with the highlighting script -- and even then not finding it. ;)

And after all that work, six months later the city area layer haven't yet been updated and people still complain about a damn city name on the wrong segment on the wrong place that makes that small city become more prominent than, and even over, Lisbon, the capital of Portugal ;) we all hate that city these days, it's everywhere we drive.

At a certain point I just gave up and drawn "other" landmarks over the cities, first to use the extensions scripts to do a mass city set, but just kept them around.

Maybe it's better to forget the automatically city-areas and just let the editors draw them out, with a special landmark with a different colour than most other landmarks - the only disadvantage right now, every landmark not park/green or gas mostly blends with the city area :(
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...

If you have JNF or URO installed, verify this behavior with them disabled. I know JNF hides the "show all connectivity arrows" when they are modified, so perhaps something like URO is also forcing the "closed" URs to be hidden right away too. (In fact, URO has checkboxes for this specifically.)

I have URO disabled (it doesn't work for me, but also doesn't crash WME like the extended tools) and I see the same behaviour. For me this is a feature I'm quite liking, not a bug. A bug is letting the green/white icon around and sometimes with panning or zooming it becomes temporarily yellow, one clicks on solved again, change some stuff and then the save fails because once solved it can't be reopened. So I'm glad they go away without the need of a restart or the URO scripts.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:Something that I've come across that I consider a bug (I'm aware others may disagree). When there's a road with the same name that crosses a city boundary. With everything named correctly and both segments selected WME returns 'No common street, No common city.' While I agree that there is not a common city, the street name is the same on each segment; there IS a common street. It's as if once there's not a common city then street name comparison doesn't even occur because there's no way to have the same street cross city borders.

I personally would consider it a regression because the previous WME would tell us the match on city and/or street.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm

invented wrote: I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments'

Ctrl-a or cmd-a is your friend.

For the scrolling and tab issues just use Firefox (or Safari) instead of chrome for a while ;)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:55 am

SocalToe wrote:When in the editer,

Please keep my 'drive' that I clicked on highlighted so I can remember which 'drive' I'm looking at.

Previous editor kept it highlighted/marked............

I'd go even further and ask for an improvement on this - please keep the drive on the map when we save.
Right now if I try to fix stuff around a drive, when I click on the drive the maps zooms out to cover the whole drive. To edit, one has to zoom in to concentrate on a zone, edit, and out of the habit, save constantly. The drive green line goes away, and when clicking on the drive, it zooms out again. So it's more time spent zooming out and back in than proper editing.

An alternative suggestion is to let the drive get unselected, but when selecting a drive, only zoom out if the drive doesn't pass around the current zoomed view. Or let the user decide if selecting a drive would zoom out. Or someone add me a checkbox for this in one of the scripts. Or I'll go do it myself >:)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am

Another suggestion, I think I saw it on this thread once but I'll ask it again:

please keep the shift-f full screen state on the local cookie, so a page refresh will remain full screen.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 pm

bz2012 wrote:Is anyone else having this problem???

"loading road images" appears to be failing.
When roads layer is on I see pink. Mouse-over shows roads data is there.

I think it's called "the weekend has started so the servers will be slow". Have patience and it it doesn't improve, wait until tomorrow when they get back to work ;)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Bomber_Man wrote:Im having an issue where I load a recent drive, and wish to use the "create road" function that appears over 30% of the map screen. Problem is after the road is created I can't save it because I "don't have permission"... and its my drive... hmmm...

Follow this thread
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor