Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Gyr1949
jasonh300 wrote:Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks!

November 04, 15:14 - https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 89&endshow#
Gyr1949
Send a message

Post by Gyr1949
A drive that I took on Sunday outside my editing area shows up, and it did extend my area.
Gyr1949
Send a message

Post by hickpop
Same here. I had it and then lost it. The drive still shows up and the area is not editable any more.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
jasonh300 wrote:Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks!

November 03, 12:58
119.18km2 hours 8 min

I am EST, so I believe that's 17:58 GMT.

Part of this area was opened during a prior drive, so the northern part of the route is editable and the southern part is not.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
Does anyone know the status of this bug? It's still happening--I took a drive today and the entire drive is posted, but part of it is still uneditable. And the prior one I had still hasn't been fixed.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
I've also lost permissions to a massive amount of editable areas from a vacation in late August - which I shouldn't lose rights over until the end of the month.

I can confirm that in these areas, I can still edit segments that I am the last editor for, but not other segments.

I also looked through my Drives. They are all there, but if I select any drive older than October 21st, the editor sits there saying "Loading..." at the top but nothing actually loads.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by ireun
Same here, lost all places!
ireun
Send a message

Post by j2brown
Add another "me too" to the list. I can see a drive from Sunday, and was able to edit along that route, until some time yesterday. Fortunately I got all the critical fixes in (I hope) before I got locked out.

jeff
sdg
j2brown
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Area manager for Sterling, VA
OG Wazer, trying to keep up.

Post by japri
I just lost my editable area, that i drove 3 days ago. 2 days after i drove the area, I still can edit. now it's gone.... where to complain?
japri
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Kandralla wrote:If you spent several hours researching and testing an intersection and you know it's right and working correctly, and knowing that waze won't roll anything back should some well meaning, short sighted individual attempt to prettify an intersection totally screwing it up in the process, you'd lock it down too. Quite frankly if I took the time to look into it an test it, it is a high value intersection.
If sending a PM failed, then the next step is to contact PM a Champ with all the details and examples, and we can turn the info over to the powers that be and get the user's editing rights revoked if necessary.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message