Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 am

xteejx wrote:... the A and B are far too big to see node images....

You should have seen the first rev. :o

I too think they would be best smaller, but given the information trying to be imparted when it comes to being able to more easily explain directionality, as A and B both appear in the drop-down menu now, as well as house numbers, I'm not sure we're as good as it's gonna get.

Unless they do something like Cartouche and have the (A) and (B) be next to/above/near the node ends hovering in space, I don't think they can get any smaller and be quickly readable.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mike-bronner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 am

One thing that would be handy is to have square ends if there is a junction, and round ends if there is none. -- or something similar.
mike-bronner

Postby floppyrod84 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 am

That's not a bad idea! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 am

Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feed

Postby xtago » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked

Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.

If you select a segment and it is connected to a junction point then you'll see red or green arrows, if you don't get the arrows then the segment isn't connected to a junction point.

This is explained in the wme video on waze youtube channel.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Re: Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feed

Postby mike-bronner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 am

xtago wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
xtago wrote:Click on the street if you get no turn arrows then it probably isn't connected and needs to be checked

Please please please stop answering questions with an answer which isn't remotely related to the actual question. You keep pulling answers out of thin air, giving bad and incorrect answers to users, or just completely miss the actual point of the question. You have been warned many times.

If you select a segment and it is connected to a junction point then you'll see red or green arrows, if you don't get the arrows then the segment isn't connected to a junction point.

This is explained in the wme video on waze youtube channel.

Hi xtago,

I don't think you're understanding the point wine4sure was getting at: unterminated segments. These are most often dead-end streets that don't have a termination junction at the end, caused most often by inexperienced editors (I've done it in the past, until I found out, as well). The junction needs to be at the end so the client can handle navigation properly, if I understand it correctly.

~Mike
mike-bronner

Postby invented » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.

???

I can't reproduce this one.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 am

invented wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Bug: Chrome/Mac: selection of any item in an autofill list cannot be done with the mouse. This can only be done with the keyboard.

???

I can't reproduce this one.

I will make sure I disable scripts and try again.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:24 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I will make sure I disable scripts and try again.

Okay, so I've verified partially. It may be a hardware/software issue. I'm on a unibody MBP and when I click by fully depressing the trackpad so it actually "clicks" then nothing happens. However, if I just tap it, then it works fine. This sounds like an issue with Chrome and the OS/hardware, but not a Waze issue.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official

Postby xtago » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 am

mike-bronner wrote:
xtago wrote:If you select a segment and it is connected to a junction point then you'll see red or green arrows, if you don't get the arrows then the segment isn't connected to a junction point.

Hi xtago,

I don't think you're understanding the point wine4sure was getting at: unterminated segments. These are most often dead-end streets that don't have a termination junction at the end, caused most often by inexperienced editors (I've done it in the past, until I found out, as well). The junction needs to be at the end so the client can handle navigation properly, if I understand it correctly.

~Mike

I see.

The dead end roads I've done haven't needed a junction at the dead end and still worked with navigation, you will need the dead end as a 2 way street.

The street numbering will allow for a better navigation end point as it'll have a better referance point to use along the segment.

though, if you did want a Junction on the dead end, you would just lay a very small brand new road from or to the dead end side not connected to anything else.

which makes a new junction at the dead end then delete the new road segment and the junction will stay on the dead end side.

Then save the edits made and all done.

Very quick and simple to do.

xtago

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor