Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Fabione72
jasonh300 wrote:
Fabione72 wrote:Hi,

I've got a boring editing problem.

I noticed a map error while driving on a road, and I'd like to fix it.

When I enter into the editing screen, I verified that, even if the whole road area is available for editing (that's very close to my last drives), the system says I'm not enable to edit it...

I checked the tutorial, I should be able to do it...

any suggestion? is that my problem or some kind of bug?

I'm using Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m

Ciao
Is the segment you're trying to edit locked by a higher level user? If you're trying to edit a major highway or complicated junction, it's common practice to lock these at a high level to prevent inexperienced editors from making changes.

Either way, you may want to post a permalink in the update requests forum along with the general location and a brief description and someone can try to help you out.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
No, that's a primary road (not a major highway)
I'm trying to deny the possibility to turn south, into a secondary road (recently blocked to non-residential traffic).

Here it is the permalink:
https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=9.57452 ... s=83328752

Attached a screenshot. The green road with arrow is the one I'm driving on.
Even if it is into my driving area (confirmed by the tool), you can see on the left that I'm not enabled to edit :\

thanks for hints
Fabione72
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Fabione72
Fabione72 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
Fabione72 wrote:Hi,

I've got a boring editing problem.

I noticed a map error while driving on a road, and I'd like to fix it.

When I enter into the editing screen, I verified that, even if the whole road area is available for editing (that's very close to my last drives), the system says I'm not enable to edit it...

I checked the tutorial, I should be able to do it...

any suggestion? is that my problem or some kind of bug?

I'm using Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m

Ciao
Is the segment you're trying to edit locked by a higher level user? If you're trying to edit a major highway or complicated junction, it's common practice to lock these at a high level to prevent inexperienced editors from making changes.

Either way, you may want to post a permalink in the update requests forum along with the general location and a brief description and someone can try to help you out.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
No, that's a primary road (not a major highway)
I'm trying to deny the possibility to turn south, into a secondary road (recently blocked to non-residential traffic).

Here it is the permalink:
https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=9.57452 ... s=83328752

Attached a screenshot. The green road with arrow is the one I'm driving on.
Even if it is into my driving area (confirmed by the tool), you can see on the left that I'm not enabled to edit :\

thanks for hints
Just realized those segments are unlocked (lock box is unchecked). OK, I'm definitively lost... I identified many other (even bigger) errors I cannot fix due to same reason... :cry:
Fabione72
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Again??! How many warnings do people get these days? Sorry guys, but if that was anyone else (me) they'd have been banned by now :-( /rant

Loving the new editor, but as stated in previous posts, the A and B are far too big to see node images. Reduces productivity by having to click off the segments just to see them.
Apart from that, nice work!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
That's not a bad idea! :-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Best option here is to ignore those people that spout crap thinking they know what things are.
Trust those with proper signatures and/or post counts.

If you create a road from nowhere to the dead end, then delete the new road, it should result in a terminated end (junction node). The reason this is needed is for navigation as waze gets confused if it thinks it's facing towards the dead end, and will give the "proceed to highlighted route" thing. Have also seen it play with TTS (maybe another issue), and starts a route far from your location (again, maybe a local issue).

Bottom line, waze navigates from junction to junction. Without these nodes, it gets confused and messes up.

Edit: Kuhl I realise you were the last poster, the first paragraph was not aimed at you or anything ;-) just to avoid confusion here.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Not a big issue, no but it would still be nice to be able to differentiate between with/without junction nodes, perhaps with a different shape A or B. Hacking a script together to get something to show has to be worse in practice than the company showing it themselves?
Not knocking the script, Timbones and the other guys have done an amazing job, and I use it all the time ;) Just saying :)
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Well said Dave, been annoying me for ages that!

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You prefer to work slower?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
And none of the above issues are news to anyone including waze. Please post about real issues with the editor, not simple timeouts!

Edit: oops, that's kinda what you just said, didn't read it fully :-P

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I hope so too.
Sorry if those newer editors are a little peeved, but non-loading images really is nothing new to most of us, and it does seem to happen during high server load and during the tile building process for that same reason.

I look forward to the day that the browser updates the tile image itself when Save is clicked, and the resulting pngs sent back to the server for redistribution to others. Distributed computing is still the way forward imho.

floppyrod84
Send a message