The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
That won't happen every time you post an unlock request, CMs won't unlock certain sensitive areas for just anyone to edit...mostly Freeways and Ramps and really complicated intersections that have been fine tuned, but may have an unnoticed problem or two.

If you want to gain experience, find areas near you that don't exist on the Waze map and draw them in and name them. Then have another local AM or CM check your work. This will help you gain trust within the community.

You can also find residential suburban areas that show the streets as "Unknown" direction and have turn restrictions showing that shouldn't be and clean them up.

If you're not seeing any of this, you may be in a "mature" area that is mostly complete and only needs occasional maintenance and if that's the case, there just might not be any work for you to do.

Also, it's very helpful if you go into the Control Panel and fill in your location info so that other users on the forums can get an idea where you are. Anyone who is serious about editing should do this.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
This is a widespread problem affecting everyone. Support had been contacted directly about this and they're looking into it, as of this morning.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I merged two topics on the same subject.

Complaints are coming in from both servers, all over the world.

This was called directly to the attention of the developers yesterday morning, and they have acknowledged the problem and are investigating the possible causes.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
From what I understand, the drives are all there, but there is a glitch in permissions.

These sort of things usually get fixed on Sunday, after the weekend ends in Israel. This is assuming they've been able to trace the problem. It's apparently something pretty major or it would've been fixed by now.

If the developers don't post here directly, I'll post as soon as I hear something.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks!

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Okay, these have all been submitted to support. Hopefully, they'll be able to figure out what's happening.
Gyr1949 wrote: November 04, 15:14 - https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 89&endshow#
Please note that drives can't be permalinked, since they contain private data that's only visible to you.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
As of this morning, support confirms that they've seen the list of your drives that I submitted and they're looking into it and won't be needing any more data. So now we just wait and see what happens.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Okay, it seems they're on the way to identifying what's causing this...
OK, it seems that this is a problem in processing some new drives.
There's a status update on the Status-Page and we're working on a fix.
We will keep you all updated once it's resolved.

-Yonatan
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WestSyder wrote:I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?
Missing drives, or missing editable areas?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
davipt wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
WestSyder wrote:I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?
Missing drives, or missing editable areas?
Both. The drives are appearing slowly, as announced on the status. The editing permissions I need someone else to check, as I have no recent drive outside my editing zone (and am CM anyway).
I was asking specifically of WestSyder, since this is a thread about lost editable areas, not missing drives, which is being handled elsewhere, and is a separate problem.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message