Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 pm

So I have yet another issue. This one seems to be happening only from today, but I can't guarantee as it's kind of random and hard to explain.

It basically happens sometimes when I zoom in that a segment becomes half-selectable, meaning that it does become blue, but there is no A-B balloons, nor any change to that segment will be saved.

It seems to be some concurrency between a quick zoom in via the mouse (both mouse wheel and mac's trackpad two fingers does the same) and the loading of roads. It's not a question of lesser roads (e.g. streets) not being selectable on high zoom levels, as it's happening a lot (but not limited to) I'm selecting a series of minor highways and sometimes there's a small segment I can't select at that zoom level, so with the previous segments selected, I zoom, cmd-select that small one, and the A-B doesn't update. So I try to change something (name, minor to major), the whole set of segments is orange, but after saving all segments but the small one are changed.

Most of the times I need to refresh the page to get the segments properly selectable again, but I think I saw once or twice the select working after the save and even after a pane to reload the roads.

This surely didn't happen on the previous WME, but again I can't assure for sure that this started only today.

Ping me if you need a better description.

PS: nothing related to any script, just tested it with every script disabled.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

jasonh300 wrote:When you hover over segments they turn blue, but if you don't click on them, they normally turn white again as you move the mouse away.

It's not that one, that is an old one and it doesn't bother me that much, specially now, as you said, with the A-B bubbles.

I'm afraid people will kick me, but I think it's happening only on Firefox, on Safari it doesn't happen. But I've been using Firefox for months now, and today is the first day I see this happening.

When I zoom and it fails, this is what I get on the logs and no more selection is possible (but the segment still turns blue both on mouseover and *on click*:

[18:52:28.697] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105
--
[18:52:34.415] TypeError: e is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/WME.min.js?v=785:1
[18:52:34.420] Empty string passed to getElementById(). @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/libs.min.js?v=785:2
[18:52:34.696] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:It's also possible that this new behavior is unique Int'l editor then. We've had the new infrastructure in place for several months. iainhouse, are you also using Firefox, or something else?

It's not unique to the int'l editor. I've seen this behavior for a couple days on the NA server.

I've been trying to nail down whether it's a userscript or not, too. Or related to the landmarks layer issues. A permalink usually fixes things a while, but it comes back. Turn off extensions seemed to clear it up, but then after 30 minutes of having the same extensions enabled, I haven't had the issue again.

Very elusive...

I've said before, for me it has nothing to do with scripts, only see it on Firefox not on Safari (yet), and happens when zooming in and the road reload happens, and I've seen it only today (which means it may be a couple of days, didn't spend much time editing yesterday)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 pm

davipt wrote:(...)I think it's happening only on Firefox(...)

[18:52:28.697] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105
--
[18:52:34.415] TypeError: e is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/WME.min.js?v=785:1
[18:52:34.420] Empty string passed to getElementById(). @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/libs.min.js?v=785:2
[18:52:34.696] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105

Just happened on Safari:

2wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
51The page at https://world.waze.com/editor/ displayed insecure content from http://www.bing.com/maps/i/spacer.gif.
6wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
WME.min.js:1TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'e.stateID')
9wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
4wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
5wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
6wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
2wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
7wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
408wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 pm

skbun wrote:
douglasr007 wrote:The only way to "fix" it is to deselect the road segment, zoom all of the out, and zoom all of the way back in to the section you're editing and hope the segment can be changed when you select it again.

Also, I thought it was a conflict with WME Color Highlights script but it's definitely the server causing these issues.

Try this, because it doesn't seem to help whether landmarks in view have names or even addresses: just turn your landmark layer off and work like that.

I'm betting it'll be fine, until they fix this on their end. It doesn't seem to help whether landmarks in view have names or even addresses, which means that's a red herring, so there's really nothing we can do.

In my case zooming out or in or taking layers out doesn't solve it. And it's no extra script either. There is a javascript error (I've posted both on Firefox and Safari) and from that point on the javascript login is broken and only a refresh will solve it. I'm sure with the javascript error lines they can easily solve this. And I'm pretty sure this is a bug introduced days after the launch of the new version.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm sorry for reporting this here but I can't find an existing thread or even the right forum for reporting issues on the remaining site not the editor. Please kick me out with a link if you which ;)

I have a certain guy I have unfriended on Facebook some weeks ago. On my dashboard on the world.waze.com/dashboard/scoreboard/ link I still see his score, but at the top of the list with position 0 and name "deleted". On the client (3.5.1) he doesn't appear, but there's a big mess over there I'll be reporting in a minute on the right thread.

Any idea how to solve this, or where to report (besides the support email?)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 am

zs2cli wrote:Maybe already mentioned in the numerous posts above, too many to read, but incase it's not, the new editor does not work in Firefox. :(

I hate when people say this, but I couldn't resist: "it works perfectly for me (*)"

Now more seriously, do you use any additional scripts? the ext tools breaks it. the highlists is safe.

(*) besides the "hard-to-select-horizontal-segments-old-browser-bug"
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

CrackedLCD wrote:First, when selecting small segments with geometry nodes in between the A-B points, I'm noticing a big tendency for the cursor to not change from the crosshairs back to a pointer. When this happens, if I click anywhere on the screen, it places the geometry node at that spot.

I've seen this happening with my Firefox and Safari and I even have a road live right now that, edited (screwed) with the old editor, a road that does a 90º angle to the side and then a 90º back, with that broken node almost a km away from the real road position. I always thought it was a question of sensitivity from the mouse. Maybe it's really a timing issue.

CrackedLCD wrote:Second, I'm having occasional trouble inputting data like street names onto segments. I'll start typing and then it's like someone hit the escape key, cancelling the operation

This used to happen when the backend is slow and the roads are still loading. Check if the "loading road" is still showing on the right side when you try to edit and if the editing fields goes away at the same time as the "loading road". I haven't seen yet this one on the new editor mainly because I'm more careful now but it did happen a lot before I knew about this, and hence it did happen to me before on the old editor.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:44 am

jasonh300 wrote:The thing with the geometry node sticking to the mouse pointer has been around for a while, but now, you can click multiple times and it still won't let go. It also seems to do it a lot more frequently under certain circumstances, and it does seem to have something to do with rapidly trying to select multiple segments. I found that hitting Escape will get rid of it sometimes, and sometimes it will do it on its own. This is an extremely frustrating bug.

Indeed, that's why I gave my example of the fupped road that I only noticed because there was a user report about that nice highway 90º based detour through the forest :D
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm

daknife wrote:Often the only solution for such a loop is to delete it as one piece, save your changes and then redraw. It's one reason such loops are such a big pain is that once created in the system, you can't edit them, you can only delete them.

There was already on this thread a second solution for that:
- create a new segment connected to that loop, with the exact same street and city
- click on both segments and bridge them
- now you can edit the loop :D
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor