Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by fvwazing
No, doesn't work here. (Chrome/OSX)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
PhantomSoul wrote:Even distributing house numbers per segment has limited accuracy, as city lots may not be evenly divided over that area, but this way it at least gets you to the correct block.

What we really need are address and/or landmark mappings to specific lat/lon coordinates, precise enough to make sense in a driving context. This way we can accurately find anything from residences to specific stores in large strip malls to specific parking lots in parks. I realize it would undoubtedly be a massive undertaking, but it could launch Waze way ahead of everyone else in terms of locating places.
There is no guarantee at all that it will bring you to the right block, or even close, or the right side of the street. A quick-and-dirty process that pretty much excludes the manual checking invites for inaccuracies.

In some countries there exist publicly available records of house numbers. Waze could be helped by importing those, but I doubt that will put them ahead of the rest - they have access to those records as well.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Ads and publicity can help the userbase of Waze grow - if the map is ready enough to be acceptable to the majority of the people. If that is not the case new wazers drop off after a week or so. Roughly 1% of the wazepopulation is - be it the slightest - interested in editing and that is a share so small that you will not reach them by advertising. The other 99% will remember from those ads only that Waze is not a solution but a problem needing a fix.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Cool find! Which reminds me... Is there any possibility to reset those speeds, apart from creating the segment new?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by geo_atm
I'm seeing something to Rubinator's screen shot above. "You are a level 3 editor, You can edit 4 miles around roads you've driven. You have 170187 points." However, I'm still really able to edit only 1 mile around roads I've driven.

According to my dashboard, I've got 22,014 map updates, so according to the wiki, I'm still nearly 80,000 edits away from being at the 4-mile editing level (except in my managed area). Of course, I wouldn't object to having a larger edit radius, but I think the "you can edit 4 miles around roads" text is a mistake.
geo_atm
Send a message

Post by gerben
His problem is the other way around ;)
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by GizmoGuy411
AndyPoms wrote:...
EDIT: Is URO the Overview script that puts them on the livemap?
It is this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29054&hilit=UROverview
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by GizmoGuy411
davipt wrote: ...
I found a way to do this by mistake (literally) as I turned a lot of roundabout segments from A-B to B-A.
This sounds pretty much like jondrush's work-a-round for Loop Roads: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27728

While his method works great for loops, it does not seem to work for roundabouts that have only one segment.

BTW..., can you Permalink an example of one you have edited this way?
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by GizmoGuy411
khaytsus wrote:Anyone having edit problems today? I keep getting good ole While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted. Please refresh and try again.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lon ... s=20212407

Trying to delete/edit/whatever a segment I found hiding under another road and can't.. meh..
Just tried to delete that duplicate segment and got the same error message. Your broke WME! :mrgreen:
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
(and past GLR RC)
Wiki Profile

Post by Grid64
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with selecting road segments on the WME. The only way to "fix" it is to deselect the road segment, zoom all of the out, and zoom all of the way back in to the section you're editing and hope the segment can be changed when you select it again.

Also, I thought it was a conflict with WME Color Highlights script but it's definitely the server causing these issues.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message