These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
aicis wrote:One thing i am confused about - after updating to 3.5 i noticed talks about hands-free reporting and couldn't wait to test it out. Unfortunately i tried everything, but couldn't get it to work.
Where are you located? This option is available in US only.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.
This could be enabled / disabled by a setting.
Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.
We're working on a fix regarding the speed cam and we'll try to incorporate the change you're asked for.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Mike-1323 wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:
anonymous0816 wrote:Since the upgrade the waze icon in the pull down status bar is almost invisible because on my device.
The icon and the bar both are of quite the same bright grey color.
A solution could be a bi-color design that has at least some kind of contrast in itself even if background transparency is used.

Thank You.
I have the same problem. My Waze icon is white on a light grey backround. However, not all Android versions have a light grey backround. I have version 2.2.2 (Froyo).
Many default ROMs have the notification bar as white or light grey, they will all have this problem. It was not this way in the beta. I don't know why the icon was made monochrome white between the last beta and the play store version. It seems that the icon was changed just for the sake of changing it and now it's much worse for many users.

Please change it back.
Actually we followed Google's documentation regarding iconography, but since you guys are not satisfied with it, we will change it. We'll try to do it for the next official version.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
pvaladares wrote:I just found out the Android version is missing 'Oil Split' in the Hazard on the Road, compared with the iOS.
Is this a bug?
Yes :) Thanks, we will add it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.
Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)
serick224 wrote:On a slightly related note, is there a way to close all the windows that pop up at once? While sending a meet up text I can get 3 - 4 windows deep, and clicking the small 'x' or pressing back that many times while driving is dangerous.
You are right and we are aware of that. It's going to be fixed in one of the upcoming versions.
perlin
Send a message

Post by pixelgeek
Quite interesting... For the first time I'm on the receiving part of the "share my drive" feature and some things are quite strange:

I'm in Finland, the text message I got from my friend is in english, but the text on the "Share Drive" Website is in spanish (?).
pixelgeek
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Wazing in Finland / Switzerland
AM Switzerland: Ostschweiz - St.Gallen - Appenzell
HTC Sensation / Android Revolution HD / Waze Beta Tester

Post by porubcan
hello, assuming Play store version is the same as I downloaded yesterday from waze.s3.amazonaws.com

stability is great, running in background had never been so stable.
also overall performance seems to be on very high level.

as I was testing all the betas I'm used to all new design and features.
even one of the last bugs regarding stuck portrait mode seems fixed
smaller things: splash screen (random new/old design), navi bar in landscape too big... UI would need further optimization (menu box size, icons/positions)
new version together with having gas prices and near you now features available - those days are great!
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by porubcan
perlin wrote:Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Play store.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!
Perlin, maybe it would be helpful if you explain reasons and consideration you've taken of UI changes (e.g. scrolling menu, large navi bar) and other changes, which were criticized by beta testers all the time for each beta version; and now by user's of new version.

I personally think that new version is better (excellent stability and performance) than 3.2.2.2, so it is fine to release it. but there is still space for improvement.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by pvaladares
There is a bug in the scoreboard.
If Portuguese (Portugal) is set as display language at the scoreboard it will show the Portuguese (Brazil) version instead.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
perlin wrote:
Agamicox wrote:Will someone implement Favorite sorting function? A-Z or New-Old or what ever?
Or maybe Export to somewhere -> Arrange them how you want and Import back in order?
This option will be implemented in a future version.
In the meanwhile it is possible to manually sort the favourites in the history file ;)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message