Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.

Do you have any extensions? For example I hardly get the segments selected when using the highlights extension, have to look at the code to understand why ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

Just a heads up that for me the INTL editor is not saving any editing at all. No errors, just no changes apply. :| time for a break
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 am

lakj100 wrote:
davipt wrote:Just a heads up that for me the INTL editor is not saving any editing at all. No errors, just no changes apply. :| time for a break

I'm also having the problem.

I think it's back :)

Edit: false alarm, could only save two edits :(
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:Edit: false alarm, could only save two edits :(

The intl editor was offline for a while. Is it back up?

Yep working perfectly
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

I think I found out yet another issue, albeit I think this was also happening on the previous editor. This seems to be the reason for my reversed A-B -> B->A roundabout and other segments.

- Create a segment from left to right, A->B
- Create a second segment connected to B, also left to right
- You'll have two connected segments A->B A->B
- click on the node
- press delete
- alternatively click on both segments, whichever order, and click on the bridge

what would happen
- one segment with A->B

what happens
- randomly the segment becomes B->A. Funny thing is that 90% of the time, doing "undo" and repeating the exact same operation (delete node or bridge) will do the correct thing and keep the new segment A->B

Now I understand why I have so many segments with one-way and locked but with fwd and rev average speed. It was my adjustments of ramps or roundabout nodes that were reversing the A->B to B->A and screwing the up.

Now it's way easier to identify with the big A and B balls. Again, if fails, undo and repeat!
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:A reset would mean nothing. The data on speeds is also kept in various increments in the back end for each unique segment id. You only see the overall averages in WME.

Taking in consideration the "bug" I reported above, it would indeed be nice to be able to reset the averages, fwd and rev in separate. Because of this A-B reversal, I have now a lot of one-way segments with averages in both ways, and it would be nice to see 0 on the reverse direction which should never be driven.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The a/b "reversal" was documented before, I forget where, and whether we figured out the reason.

it would be nice to find that conversation ;)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Just a big thanks for having already implemented the feature of storing the state of the full screen so a refresh keeps the editor in full screen mode :)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:Just a big thanks for having already implemented the feature of storing the state of the full screen so a refresh keeps the editor in full screen mode :)

I'm not sure Waze did this, or one of the user scripts.

AGHHHHH you are right, it's even not one of the most common ones and one I've installed and haven't yet tried out - WME Junction Node Fixer 0.0.7.3 WTH!?
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 am

khaytsus wrote:Anyone having edit problems today? I keep getting good ole While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted. Please refresh and try again.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lon ... s=20212407

Trying to delete/edit/whatever a segment I found hiding under another road and can't.. meh..

Yes. It's one of those moments where one changes something, saves, and the change is not applied. As the changes are processed in the background, they should?may? eventually happen, and in the meantime you'll get the "have been modified" because you did modify them.

Unfortunately this kind of situation is prone to create ghost segments, which are segments that will return some kind of error even when the editor is working properly. Usually they are reflected as duplicated overlapped segments (imagine you move a node slightly to the left, which should "delete" the old segment and create a new one with the new geometry, but the first part fails and two segments remains, but the one meant to be deleted can't be changed anymore). Anyway, if this happens, search for ghost segments on the support nanprep form and ask them to remove them if any ghost happens.

Myself if I see my changes not being applied in max a page refresh I just give up and try again later. Had too many ghosts in the past

PS: it seems to be better now.

PS2: try to edit other stuff. it WME is stable, that is a ghost. Just select it and send the permalink to the support asking to remove the ghost segment.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor