Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby asterix06 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 pm

I want to remember it exist a Specific Tread on the Italian Forum for such a kind of request ?

Thanks
asterix06
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fabione72 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Fabione72 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
Fabione72 wrote:Hi,

I've got a boring editing problem.

I noticed a map error while driving on a road, and I'd like to fix it.

When I enter into the editing screen, I verified that, even if the whole road area is available for editing (that's very close to my last drives), the system says I'm not enable to edit it...

I checked the tutorial, I should be able to do it...

any suggestion? is that my problem or some kind of bug?

I'm using Chrome 22.0.1229.94 m

Ciao

Is the segment you're trying to edit locked by a higher level user? If you're trying to edit a major highway or complicated junction, it's common practice to lock these at a high level to prevent inexperienced editors from making changes.

Either way, you may want to post a permalink in the update requests forum along with the general location and a brief description and someone can try to help you out.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.

No, that's a primary road (not a major highway)
I'm trying to deny the possibility to turn south, into a secondary road (recently blocked to non-residential traffic).

Here it is the permalink:
https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=9.57452 ... s=83328752

Attached a screenshot. The green road with arrow is the one I'm driving on.
Even if it is into my driving area (confirmed by the tool), you can see on the left that I'm not enabled to edit :\

thanks for hints

Just realized those segments are unlocked (lock box is unchecked). OK, I'm definitively lost... I identified many other (even bigger) errors I cannot fix due to same reason... :cry:
Fabione72

Postby floppyrod84 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:32 am

Well said Dave, been annoying me for ages that!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby eerik46 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am

@Dave2084

Just tried. I get Lincoln, UK & Lincoln, NZ.
eerik46

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am

Why is it when I search on "Lincoln" in WME on the WORLD server and the 5 results I get are NE, IL, ME, MO, CA ... How about somewhere not on the NA Server?

These search results are useless as I'd have to be logged onto the www server to be able to edit them.

How about suppressing NA results on the World server and vice versa. I'm sure someone in Nebraska is really not interested in editing in Lincoln, UK.
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...

If you have JNF or URO installed, verify this behavior with them disabled. I know JNF hides the "show all connectivity arrows" when they are modified, so perhaps something like URO is also forcing the "closed" URs to be hidden right away too. (In fact, URO has checkboxes for this specifically.)

I have URO disabled (it doesn't work for me, but also doesn't crash WME like the extended tools) and I see the same behaviour. For me this is a feature I'm quite liking, not a bug. A bug is letting the green/white icon around and sometimes with panning or zooming it becomes temporarily yellow, one clicks on solved again, change some stuff and then the save fails because once solved it can't be reopened. So I'm glad they go away without the need of a restart or the URO scripts.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...

If you have JNF or URO installed, verify this behavior with them disabled. I know JNF hides the "show all connectivity arrows" when they are modified, so perhaps something like URO is also forcing the "closed" URs to be hidden right away too. (In fact, URO has checkboxes for this specifically.)

I have Live Map Nav 0.6, WME Color Highlights 1.4.2, & WME-extended-tools 1.5.4 (disabled) installed... I don't think any of them are JNF (Junction Node FIxer) or URO (???)... Haven't changed what is installed in a while & this only started happening today...

EDIT: Is URO the Overview script that puts them on the livemap?
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am

AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

New behavior noticed today (only in the Production version, not the Beta)...

Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

I currently see this behavior in INTL WME: after saving "Loading road data..." takes forever - until I hit permalink once. From then on it loads quick again, until the next save. This happens probably 50% of the time.
fvwazing

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor