Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby invented » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:28 am

davipt wrote:
invented wrote: I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments'

Ctrl-a or cmd-a is your friend.

For the scrolling and tab issues just use Firefox (or Safari) instead of chrome for a while ;)

Firefox is a dog on my work laptop for some reason. It renders things weirdly.

For some reason also, my left hand isn't on the keyboard when needing to hit "Select All Segments". I will have to revise my editing strategy when I'm "in the zone".

Oh and whose idea was it to make Shift+A into Shift+Z ?!
invented

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm

invented wrote: I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments'

Ctrl-a or cmd-a is your friend.

For the scrolling and tab issues just use Firefox (or Safari) instead of chrome for a while ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby invented » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm just finding it much more work to do the same thing as the old WME. I have to scroll down now to hit the 'Select All Segments', I have to click/cancel the dropdown lists constantly (can't tab anymore!)... it just seems slower.
invented

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:While I agree that there is not a common city, the street name is the same on each segment; there IS a common street.

This is an instance of database vs. common use conflict. To us, it seems a commonality, but to Waze it is not. This is where the database street object as contrasted against the segment object comes into play. Every segment on the Waze map has an associated Primary Street ID. The Street objects are parents of all segment objects. The segment "inherits" it's name and city (and state, country) from the parent street object. Therefore, when you have selected two segments which differ only by city name, then to Waze's way of thinking (from the database POV), they do not share a common Street, which means they are not similar enough to for Waze to want to allow you to edit their information separately.

What is needed is perhaps some changing of the wording in the editor to be more clear on why the fields are being blanked out, or find out if there is some more coding which can be done to allow manipulation of the fields values which are common to both.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:Something that I've come across that I consider a bug (I'm aware others may disagree). When there's a road with the same name that crosses a city boundary. With everything named correctly and both segments selected WME returns 'No common street, No common city.' While I agree that there is not a common city, the street name is the same on each segment; there IS a common street. It's as if once there's not a common city then street name comparison doesn't even occur because there's no way to have the same street cross city borders.

I personally would consider it a regression because the previous WME would tell us the match on city and/or street.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Something that I've come across that I consider a bug (I'm aware others may disagree). When there's a road with the same name that crosses a city boundary. With everything named correctly and both segments selected WME returns 'No common street, No common city.' While I agree that there is not a common city, the street name is the same on each segment; there IS a common street. It's as if once there's not a common city then street name comparison doesn't even occur because there's no way to have the same street cross city borders.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby wl02703 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Dave2084 wrote:Why is it when I search on "Lincoln" in WME on the WORLD server and the 5 results I get are NE, IL, ME, MO, CA ... How about somewhere not on the NA Server?

These search results are useless as I'd have to be logged onto the www server to be able to edit them.

How about suppressing NA results on the World server and vice versa. I'm sure someone in Nebraska is really not interested in editing in Lincoln, UK.

It's been annoying me for ages too. The search feature in the beta version appears to be better tho.
[ img ]
wl02703

Postby porubcan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Dave2084 wrote:
eerik46 wrote:@Dave2084
Just tried. I get Lincoln, UK & Lincoln, NZ.

Whereabouts are you?

Nebraska? :D

Hi Dave, I've got Lincoln @ UK & NZ only, too.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

eerik46 wrote:@Dave2084
Just tried. I get Lincoln, UK & Lincoln, NZ.

Whereabouts are you?

Nebraska? :D
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Fabione72 wrote:
Fabione72 wrote:
No, that's a primary road (not a major highway)
I'm trying to deny the possibility to turn south, into a secondary road (recently blocked to non-residential traffic).

Here it is the permalink:
https://it.waze.com/editor/?lon=9.57452 ... s=83328752

Attached a screenshot. The green road with arrow is the one I'm driving on.
Even if it is into my driving area (confirmed by the tool), you can see on the left that I'm not enabled to edit :\

thanks for hints

Just realized those segments are unlocked (lock box is unchecked). OK, I'm definitively lost... I identified many other (even bigger) errors I cannot fix due to same reason... :cry:

You are in Italy... The entire Italian map has been locked due to some serious vandalism. Try reaching out to your Area/Country Managers in the Board index ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ Italy forum.

Also see my response to your unlock request for a possible better way to make the change you are trying to do.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor