Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

Post by Timbones
Here's my latest script, which adds color highlighting to segments and landmarks according to their status and type. The highlighting of segments is likely to be most useful, for it shows locked and un-named roads.

> WME Color Highlights script at userscripts.org - updated Nov 16

Chrome users will need to download this to their PC, and then drag '141050.user.js' into the Extensions tab.
Firefox users will need the Greasemonkey addon.

Many thanks to Dave2084, AlanOfTheBerg and bgodette, and many other beta testers who gave feedback and added features.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Attachments
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by TheDane
Thanks Tim!

yet another bunch of improvements :-)

I have only one observation:
Filter by Editor effects Unterminated roads... I cant seem to see in the changelog if this is by design or a glitch.
TheDane
Send a message

Post by TheDane
Have tested (briefly) on both Chrome and Firefox and works as intended as far as I can see :)

However,

Only highlights nodes which makes for having to look vary carefylly to see errors - especially on Major Highways (they are red)
Only works at zoom level 100m/500 ft or closer - meaning there is still quite some scrolling to check the larger roads/routes that typically are quite long. (not sure if possible to make work at zoom levels showing larger areas.

Also,
The Country/Border function shows up on the Danish/German border but not at e.g. the Danish Swedish border separated by a 3 mile sea. Does show up where a road on a bridge connects the countries and the road changes country at one point.

Suggestion:
I would really like it if the segments (not just junction nodes) could light up - but not sure what everyone else would prefer. Of course the segments still light up when you click on a neighbooring segment.
TheDane
Send a message

Post by TheDane
-Thanks Tim for replying! I have to say I tend to agree with you but also that skbun has a very valid point in his last post.

In Copenhagen I tried fixing a UR with a weird routing - and it turned out the segment had 8 (eight!!!) reverse connections and 2 u-turns (its a 167 m long segment) and also many of the neighboor segments had similar issues (maybe only 3- 6 reverse connections). I have not even looked at the soft turns - I agree they are way less important (at least initially).

I have highlighted two example sections in the link if anyone cares to have a look :-) The area is not fixed yet - simply gone on the To Do list...

The shorter stretch is an example of a segment that still has issues - while the longer stretch and its immediate connections has been fixed, but for connectivity only - not geometry and turn restrictions - the latter requires a field trip because of Metro/underground construction in the area leading to closed roads and changed turns.

Poke around and many issues turn up - remember the checkmark in Turn Warnings for Selected nodes ;) ;) :lol:

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=12.5 ... ,103930612
TheDane
Send a message

Post by TheDane
+1 on the suggestion from skbun about making it possible to see all problems in an area using a colour coding for all segments that have issues. Don't know if beeing able to select which issues you are looking for is over-complicating...

Probably just the different colours for different issues would be fine - with the worst issue type colour being the one showing up when there are multiple issues for a segment.

Regards
TheDane
TheDane
Send a message

Post by TheDane
As many have said before - GREAT work/Job on this script! Really highlights (pun intended) the many errors in the maps... Even from what should have been experienced editors that are high on a given country/states ranking list.

Must agree both with others and Tim - turn colouring seems to work in some places and others not - can't figure out when what applies.

There is definately a different behaviour in version 1.3 vs. 1.4.1 on FF as well as GC on Win 7. Found a place where there where x soft turns - segments turned yellow in v. 1.3 and nothing in v. 1.4.1.

Road segment speeds only appear at zoom level 200M /100 Feet and higher valuies, ie. zoomed further out...

I can't actually see any difference between having the checkmark enabled or not in "Turn Warnings for selected nodes".

Please accept the above comments as a meager effort to help in the upkeeing uf the script.

Regards
TheDane

PS Let us know if we can do anything else to help out/aid in pinpointing the bug
TheDane
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Any reason a Level(1) Editor should not see unterminated roads and node problems?

We have quite some new editors that don't put end nodes initially and when I show them the Highlight Script they dont see unterminated roads and Node Problems.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Timbones wrote:Yes, this is correct. The Advanced Options only appear for Area Managers.
Ok, makes Sense. Not refreshing when changing the user isn't a problem as "normal" users won't do this anyway ;)
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Any idea why I get different options on World vs. US Server?

Edit: Just found that it's not related to the server but rather to the user. Is this intentional, i.e. a level(0) user has fewer options? I saw your PS on the first post but it seems different: When I login and logout with my Level(0) test user I always miss the advanced options. If I login as svx-biker, logout and relogin with level(0) I still have them though.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Attachments

Post by SverkerN
Timbones wrote: Can now theoretically highlight usa_* and world_* editors, though I haven't tested this.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Thanks Tim! I can confirm that world_* editors shows up in the Filter by Editor dropdown. :D

/Sverker
SverkerN
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message