Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby wroadd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Dave2084 wrote:The upgrade has broken the Brand field for Petrol (Gas) Stations.

When you look at a Gas Station the brand is blank.
Update it and Save.
Select the Gas Station again and it's blank!

Also instead of something we haven't been asking for being added to properties of objects on the Waze map how about something we have been asking for for almost 3 years like a COUNTY field for the UK and other ROTW countries?

I will look forward to updating the 7000+ petrol stations in the UK ... :?

Dave, I found the bug (the first item of the gas stations' brand-list was an empty line, so it destroy the selection, but if has no effect on the real values, so if you select one brand and save the changes, it will be saved to the waze's database), so they are working on it ;)
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: THL T11 & iPhone 5S
Car: Opel Insignia : blueish grey
wroadd

Postby porubcan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

mike-bronner wrote:
Timbones wrote:
wroadd wrote:As I see there was a change in the WME, new fields are available for gas stations (and any other landmarks) for country (state) and city

So it seems. Does this mean that landmarks will become searchable items?

I believe so. This seems to jive with their recent announcement to show advertisers' companies and stores along the way, which most likely would have to rely on landmarks, given that other services have often not been at the correct location.
My guess is that locations would help with these advertisements, possibly by being able to attach descriptions and logos to a special type of landmark, which could also apply to gas stations.
http://www.waze.com/blog/introducing-waze-ads-bringing-you-the-most-relevant-local-merchants-and-big-brand-stores-along-your-route/

so it is probably huge problem for Devs, to compare landmark's positions against "city" layer and if landmark position is within city, automatically fill address data?

in my opinion having address for landmark is great (if address data will be used correctly in search results, etc.).
on the other hand, having address defined just by country and city isn't enough, we need street too (and maybe house #)... how would you distinguish between X stores/gas-stations/ of same brand within one (bigger) city without knowing the street name?

last, but not least, no official communication again :!:

PS don't expect from me to manually edit addresses for existing landmarks without telling us why it is important, how is it used and what's the added value. thanks for understanding.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.0.1.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fotrik » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

porubcan wrote:PS don't expect from me to manually edit addresses for existing landmarks without telling us why it is important, how is it used and what's the added value. thanks for understanding.

+1
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby jondrush » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm

dgtlrift wrote:Not sure if this is the right spot, but I believe I have found a bug with the map editor. I cannot add a legal turn to a street:
Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 8.29.37 AM.png

In the Image above, you can see on the South end of the Street that there is no way to add a right turn to the circle. This leaves directions always leading to the left regardless of which way is closer. I'm not sure it this is a systemic issue whenever there is a street configuration like this or if it's just a misconfiguration in this specific street. Any adice?

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27728
Keeping the Waze maps tidy since 2009
jondrush User Page
jondrush
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

I currently see this behavior in INTL WME: after saving "Loading road data..." takes forever - until I hit permalink once. From then on it loads quick again, until the next save. This happens probably 50% of the time.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

New behavior noticed today (only in the Production version, not the Beta)...

Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am

AndyPoms wrote:Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...

If you have JNF or URO installed, verify this behavior with them disabled. I know JNF hides the "show all connectivity arrows" when they are modified, so perhaps something like URO is also forcing the "closed" URs to be hidden right away too. (In fact, URO has checkboxes for this specifically.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Clear UR (either Solved or Not Identified), zoom all the way out, and the pin disappears... The pins always used to stay until the page was refreshed (F5/Permalink/Refresh/etc)... The pins continue the old behavior in the Beta...

If you have JNF or URO installed, verify this behavior with them disabled. I know JNF hides the "show all connectivity arrows" when they are modified, so perhaps something like URO is also forcing the "closed" URs to be hidden right away too. (In fact, URO has checkboxes for this specifically.)

I have Live Map Nav 0.6, WME Color Highlights 1.4.2, & WME-extended-tools 1.5.4 (disabled) installed... I don't think any of them are JNF (Junction Node FIxer) or URO (???)... Haven't changed what is installed in a while & this only started happening today...

EDIT: Is URO the Overview script that puts them on the livemap?
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:17 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:

I have URO disabled (it doesn't work for me, but also doesn't crash WME like the extended tools) and I see the same behaviour. For me this is a feature I'm quite liking, not a bug. A bug is letting the green/white icon around and sometimes with panning or zooming it becomes temporarily yellow, one clicks on solved again, change some stuff and then the save fails because once solved it can't be reopened. So I'm glad they go away without the need of a restart or the URO scripts.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am

Why is it when I search on "Lincoln" in WME on the WORLD server and the 5 results I get are NE, IL, ME, MO, CA ... How about somewhere not on the NA Server?

These search results are useless as I'd have to be logged onto the www server to be able to edit them.

How about suppressing NA results on the World server and vice versa. I'm sure someone in Nebraska is really not interested in editing in Lincoln, UK.
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2.1 • Waze 4.2
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor