The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
WestSyder wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:
WestSyder wrote:I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?
Missing drives, or missing editable areas?
Sorry Editable areas. The drives from November 3rd are there, but my editable areas have disapeared for those.
Okay, well, as you can see a few posts up, I relayed a message from the developers...haven't heard anything else and now we're into the weekend, so maybe we'll hear more Sunday or Monday.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
And it's been 3 days since I posted the update that the developers have recognized the problem and are working to find a solution...2 days of which have been a weekend. This isn't the only problem that they're working on.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
hickpop wrote:Does anyone know the status of this bug? It's still happening--I took a drive today and the entire drive is posted, but part of it is still uneditable. And the prior one I had still hasn't been fixed.
No report yet that it's been fixed. Guess they're still working on it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Well, that wasn't 20 days ago...it was two months ago. This was two threads merged together, and in hindsight, that may have been a bad idea. I did it because there were recent posts about this same problem in both threads, but that other thread dated back to the beginning of October and was about an unrelated problem.

This was brought to the attention of support on November 13. That's 9 days, which may also seem to be too long, but it's not as simple as flipping a switch and turning the editable areas back on. It's not happening to everyone and they have to figure out why it's happening.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jencommunicado
very strange -- there was an area I drove last Wednesday that I could edit yesterday, but today it is grayed out on the map and I'm not allowed to edit it.
jencommunicado
Send a message

Post by jwkilgore
I don't know if this was a global thing or not, but I'll chime in with my losses. In mid October I drove from Tennessee through Georgia and Alabama to Mississippi, then drove all around Mississippi. I was editing there Sunday night, and it's all gone tonight.

On Saturday I drove from Tennessee through Kentucky to Columbus Ohio. Right now I can edit around Columbus where I've driven over the past 2 days, the but the long drive on Saturday (actually, drives, because I turned Waze off at every stop) is missing. My "Drives" tab is blank.

*EDIT*
Umm... right after posting this, I checked one more time and most editable areas are back. Drives I took in October are all back, and the short drives over the last two days are still there. But the long drive(s) from Chattanooga to Columbus is still missing. My "Drives" tab is also back.

Out of curiosity, I checked a few roads I edited on Sunday. Even though the general area doesn't show up as editable and the rest of the roads in the area are not editable, any roads I edited on Sunday I can still edit.
jwkilgore
Send a message
Last edited by jwkilgore on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by Kandralla
scottlac wrote:OK, a small area was unlocked and I made a small change. I went to another area a few miles away where I have traveled recently and it is also locked....

I really want to be a good map editor and follow the rules but if these people are going to arbitrarily lock me out of the places I go then it just isn't worth it.
Are you the scott something or other that I've seen popping up occasionally in Pittsburgh? If so I'm locking everything I edit that I'm pretty sure is right, not arbitrarily, but due to another new editor who has a lot of free time on his hands and has undone literally days of work I've done.
Kandralla
Send a message
Area Manager for Pittsburgh and Erie, PA

Post by Kandralla
AndyPoms wrote:You should not be locking everything you touch, that was the old locking policy. The current locking policy is to only lock high-value roads. If there is an editor intentionally creating problems, you can try to reach out to them via PM here in the forums or any of the Waze Champs/Country Managers (level 4 editors) can help you out.
Interesting how the reasoning for locking out AM's by level fours (IE: if we know that it was done correctly why should we leave it open for people to change it) doesn't apply to level twos locking out level zeros.

I've reached out to the guy; after he passively insulted me for not making roads exactly match the ariel (by adding a thousand geometry nodes) he pretty much kept doing what he was doing short of mapping every parking lot lane... he stopped doing that.

If you spent several hours researching and testing an intersection and you know it's right and working correctly, and knowing that waze won't roll anything back should some well meaning, short sighted individual attempt to prettify an intersection totally screwing it up in the process, you'd lock it down too. Quite frankly if I took the time to look into it an test it, it is a high value intersection.
Kandralla
Send a message
Area Manager for Pittsburgh and Erie, PA

Post by ke4roh
I have lost editable areas, too. Here are the corresponding drive start times in GMT:

2012-08-18 12:34
2012-08-18 15:35
2012-11-05 19:09
2012-11-05 21:11
2012-11-03 17:38

The first two are out-and-back. The second two overlap somewhat, and the last one is a single drive in the area.
ke4roh
Send a message

Post by kendewey
I drove 3 days ago about 20 miles out, was editing and then yesterday I noticed I can still see my drive but can no longer edit. Any find out why?
kendewey
Send a message