Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Radar Alert in LOCKED phone

Post by Fizard
Hi there,

I usually set the course to a place in Waze and Lock my iPhone so it spends less battery and I still listen to the Traffic problems, Crashes and some Alerts, but I can't listen to the Radars. Is there a way to let me listen to the radars even when my iPhone is locked (it is good if I can toggle ON or OFF at settings for an example)?

Also, It was a good idea for me to keep alarming with a fast-beep or something else when I get my speed above of the radar when I'm in the radar area. Some times I'm at the road speed limit and in the Radar area, so it doesn't (voice) alert me, it keeps just blinking at the screen, but sometimes the radar area is large and I get faster then the limit before getting at the radar and Waze don't (Voice) alert me. I always loved the alert from customized iGO, that keeps beeping fast when you are above the speed limit of the radar and keep a slow and calm beep when you are below the speed limit. I think that's the only thing for me to make Waze one of the best GPS available (it is already the best free). To make it even better it should have also a pedestrian style like Tom Tom, this would keep the incorrect slow speed alert (marking the road red) that sometimes I see in Waze cause it thinks that it is a car, not a pedestrian and also not warning the person if he is at a traffic.

I'm already an area manager and I try to help as much as I can to make Waze the best of all. Thanks for that amazing program and let's keep getting it better! :D

Thanks,

Fizard - Brazil
Fizard

POSTER_ID:1118318

Send a message
Fizard
Android 4.4.4 - Waze 3.8.0.0
AM - Brasília - BR
Wazer Há 3 Anos
[img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by Fizard
That's not the problem. At least in iOS, when you LOCK your phone with Waze opened you can still listen to crash alerts, traffic alerts, Danger Alerts but even if you are above the speed limit (always considering that the radar is approved and with the limit) it doesn't alert (sound).
Also, even when you have Waze opened (without the phone Locked) when you are not above the speed limit in the "radius" of radar (near it) it doesn't warn you, but if you get above it before you pass through it, it still doesn't warn you, that's the problem for me.

And even when you are getting closer and not in the speed limit, I think it could be an option to have a small beep alert to warn that there is a radar near.

This is not a bug, I know how it works nowadays, this is my recommendation for a future version of Waze.
Fizard
Send a message
Fizard
AM - Brasília - BR
Wazer Há 3 Anos

Post by Fizard
As I said before, this is not a "problem", is just an upgrade. I don't know if it's just at my country, but the range of the Speed Cameras here are VERY large, the warning is almost 1km from the speed camera and if you are in the Speed limit 1 km before it don't send any Sound Warning. If you increase your speed a little it still doesn't warn because you are already at the speed camera area.
I'm don't have a "heavy foot", my last "penalty" was almost 2 years ago and it's always near the speed limit. I was just suggesting this because it's what I liked in iGO or Tom Tom that Waze don't have.

Thanks,

Cristiano
Fizard
Send a message
Fizard
AM - Brasília - BR
Wazer Há 3 Anos

Post by Fizard
Yep, that's my point too.
Let's hope a Developer of Waze or an operator see this suggestion. I don't think it's a very difficult to put an option to do a continuous beep near the radar area.
Fizard
Send a message
Fizard
AM - Brasília - BR
Wazer Há 3 Anos

Post by Fizard
Unfortunatelly no admin has read this thread or at least responded. I still think it's a good thing and not too difficult to implement an option of keep warning or, at least, to customize the alert area, because to be alerted more than 800m from the radar and nothing more isn't a good thing for me. When it alerts i just forget about it because it's too far from it. If I'm at the radar area I think it's the best to keep warning if I'm overspeeding it. Let's hope an moderator see this threat at least to respond us.
Fizard
Send a message
Fizard
AM - Brasília - BR
Wazer Há 3 Anos

Post by floppyrod84
... assuming the speed traps have been approved, have the speed limit set in the editor, and the map has been updated.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Radar alerts only happen if you are exceeding the speed of the camera. Otherwise it's nt necessary to alert you.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Fizard wrote:Also, even when you have Waze opened (without the phone Locked) when you are not above the speed limit in the "radius" of radar (near it) it doesn't warn you, but if you get above it before you pass through it, it still doesn't warn you, that's the problem for me.
I can't see this being a problem unless you have a really heavy foot. If I'm approaching a 35 MPH speed camera going 34 MPH as I get into the alert zone, I'd have to get up to 43 before I get to the spot where the camera triggers in order to get a ticket. (Here they give you 8 MPH...that may differ in other places).

Of course, most of the idiots around here know where the cameras are and slow down to 20 to be sure they don't get a ticket, and I go happily cruising by in the passing lane at 40, knowing that it's not going to get me.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lourson
+1 on this, at least as an option it would be great to be alerted for all radars, whatever the current speed
lourson
Send a message
Area Manager Levallois-Perret & Suresnes Centre

Post by Synergydrr
Is there anyway to just turn it off?
Synergydrr
Send a message