Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby bz2012 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:41 pm

davipt wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Is anyone else having this problem???

"loading road images" appears to be failing.
When roads layer is on I see pink. Mouse-over shows roads data is there.

I think it's called "the weekend has started so the servers will be slow". Have patience and it it doesn't improve, wait until tomorrow when they get back to work ;)

GPS points are gone too, now.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby wroadd » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Sometimes helps if you turn off the landmarks layer

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-P1000-ről
wroadd

Postby calli84 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

thumbs up, you're right ;) it's okay for a workaround
calli84

Postby wimdelange » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:03 pm

I have the same problem and found out that if you click permalink, the problem goes away. temporarily......
wimdelange

Postby calli84 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Okay, so than we could hope that the servers are stabilizing in the next time. And I thought that's only on the INTL. :oops:

But: What do you mean about the Chrome scripts? I use the Chronium browser on Ubuntu but I don't have any addons or something like that (at least I'm not aware of that)

Greetings
Calli
calli84

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 pm

calli84 wrote:
stijnley wrote:Since the new update I'm experiencing some problems when I want to edit. When zoomed in, I select a street that I want to edit. Unfortunately the left editor area doesn't say "one segment selected" (including all editable information) like it should be. It keeps saying "hello stijnley, you are level 1 editor......."

When I zoom out and select the same street, I can edit a few minutes after zooming back in. But the problem keeps coming back when selecting a nearby street.

I have the same problem. So I have to zoom in and out serveral times and then I can select some streets.

This happened to me several times a few nights ago. I assumed it was some kind of server issue. No problem with it today. If you're running any Chrome scripts, disable them and see if the problem goes away.
jasonh300

Postby calli84 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:05 pm

stijnley wrote:Since the new update I'm experiencing some problems when I want to edit. When zoomed in, I select a street that I want to edit. Unfortunately the left editor area doesn't say "one segment selected" (including all editable information) like it should be. It keeps saying "hello stijnley, you are level 1 editor......."

When I zoom out and select the same street, I can edit a few minutes after zooming back in. But the problem keeps coming back when selecting a nearby street.

I have the same problem. So I have to zoom in and out serveral times and then I can select some streets.
calli84

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm

While I am unable to replicate your exact scenario, it sounds like you may be experiencing JavaScript errors, which can break functionality. See if refreshing the page lets you edit again when this happens to you next time. Everyone has been getting a lot of errors lately due to the fact that they are constantly working on and tweaking WME live.
mike-bronner

Postby Stisj » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello

Since the new update I'm experiencing some problems when I want to edit. When zoomed in, I select a street that I want to edit. Unfortunately the left editor area doesn't say "one segment selected" (including all editable information) like it should be. It keeps saying "hello stijnley, you are level 1 editor......."

Can someone help me out?

Thank you!
Stisj

Postby SocalToe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm

All it's doing right now is

'Loading road data' for minutes and minutes and minutes........

Can't edit a thing.................
SocalToe

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor