Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Tasel
Same issues here. Have deleted, restarted, moved, quit and everything else I can think of to try to make this app work. I love Waze, but having to quit and try to "trick" the app into working on my iPhone 5 for minutes before either getting lucky or switching to TomTom or the maps app is getting on my nerves. I can't even submit an error report since it either crashes before I can do anything or on the occasions it gets that far it edits saying couldn't deliver the message. If I can get the logs someway to send them in I'd be happy to comply. Would love to have waze back working all the time.
Tasel
Send a message

Post by Tasel
It definitely is something to do with being plugged in. I can activate waze outside being plugged into my car, and will work if i plug it in (although sometimes it will crash right away when I connect), but the moment I switch to another app for a moment and come back it crashes. Although I have noticed that if it's plugged in and I try to submit a crash report (when i can) it says "Uh-oh! Error sending files" (and then crashes moments later). If i try to submit the error log while not plugged in it always goes through. It's almost like when it's plugged in it forgets how to use the network.
Tasel
Send a message

Post by teverett96
I recently updated to Waze 3.5. Found an issue for me immediately, I use Waze with the headphone jack/connector portion of my iPhone facing up (at the top). The previous version of Waze would orientate the entire UI to be correct, while in Waze 3.5, it will either stay upside down (ugh) or switch to landscape. Not sure which is worse.

Tim
teverett96
Send a message

Post by The-Adore
The new turn instruction bar looks nice when my phone is upright, but in horizontal view the instruction bar takes up much of the screen, I feel the map got smaller because I can not see as far ahead as before. Maybe a transparency option? I can only mount my phone in horizontal for the charger.
The-Adore
Send a message

Post by towerhill2
I use the iPhone 4s with iOS 6.0.1. Developed issues with sound since last update. Waze has to be up front on the phone to be heard (meaning not running in the background behind internet, text messages, facebook, whatever) - If you can't see the map, you can't hear the sound. Also, will not usually play through bluetooth even with the Bluetooth setting. I may get it to say "Let's go" and then after that, silence and have to play through phone speaker.
towerhill2
Send a message

Post by troab
Iphone 4
IOS 6.0.1
Waze 3.5

Crashes on start when docked
Bluetooth on or off
Using TomTom car kit dock

Will usually start up fine when UN-docked, but 9 out of 10 times it crashes as soon as I dock it

If it does run after being docked it will usually crash if I need to switch apps (to play or pause a book/music for example)
troab
Send a message

Post by twesterm
With the newest update on the iPhone 5 I can no longer have the phone turned upside-down and have the app flip appropriately.

I loved that feature because before I could just place the phone in my cup holder upside-down so it could be plugged in but I could still see everything right-side up.
twesterm
Send a message

Post by twuelfing
"Upgraded" on my ipad 3 and this app is now useless. I use a Bluetooth GPS if that matters and I tether to my android. It's setup worked perfectly until the update now I get crash on open and ifs open about 60 times i get into the app and it either reports no network which is false or no GPS which is also false.

I used to love waze, but seeing so many people with this issue and no official recognition anywhere or a warning not to update or a downgrade path troubles me. Has anyone found a way to get back to the old version?
twuelfing
Send a message

Post by vyrenee
Same exact problem, every time I open the app:
schlichtman wrote:Uh-oh!
We seem to have encountered a bug.
Help us improve by sending us an error report.

Uh-oh!

Uh-oh!

Uh-oh!

...over and over and over again.
vyrenee
Send a message

Post by walterjc
Hi,
I updated to 3.5. I am on an iPhone 4 runing iOS 6.0 (Verizon). When I am connected to WiFi, 3.5 works fine. Though, if I am using cellular data (what I need to naviagte in the car), the App loads the map and crashes. Anyone have any ideas?
walterjc
Send a message