Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
pvaladares wrote:It would be excellent if you could display the UR in the livemap. Why? Because in livemap less data is requested to the server so it is possible to set a zoom good enough to get a UR overview in larger area.
Do you think this is feasible?
Or, someone find out how to hack the editor to give another zoom out level... Not sure that's possible as that may require a different call to the server, and it likely rejects other zoom levels.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:(Even without Cameras, my Highlights tab doesn't fit so I may need to rename it too).
Maybe the ugh-ly "Hilites" version?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
How about updating the first post title with version and date info like other scripts?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please keep the wiki page updated. The link for .crx is dead.

To make it easy, can't you just put a link on http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186 ? The text there for "please download the crx-packaged version from crx.chizzum.com" isn't very helpful. I've seen direct links provided on other scripts.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Chrome accepts both versions. Quite easy to download and then drag into the extensions folder.

Got tired of waiting, so I updated the crx link in the wiki.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CTGreybeard wrote:I saw that this morning but it doesn't have the mouse-over pop-up that's handy.
Yeah, and URO is useful now for non-beta editors to know when not to close a UR with a convo. Once it goes live, then it's not a problem because everyone will be seeing the conversation.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dknight212 wrote:Of course. URO is useful for so many things. Twister just needs to remove his conversation indicator to make the UI the same.
Agreed. I didn't mean to imply otherwise; just commenting on the visibility to UR conversation.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Until Waze can add this natively, how about a left-side bubble on URs with conversations which shows the number of comments without having to mouse-over, like a comment bubble in the app but with more functionality? Make the bubble background Red if I have put a commented into the UR, and a Blue background if I have not. (Or use Green and Blue, but not Red and Green, due to common red/green colorblindness.)

Well, NVM, sort of... I'd like to keep the default markers but add my bubble to the left. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Twister-UK wrote:For AlanOfTheBerg, 2.02 adds an option (in the Misc tab) to show the comment count on UR markers. Just don't blame me if you start singing "who's the leader of the pack..." when it's enabled.
That's a good start! Colored background based on whether I've posted in the thread will complete this feature and be dubbed Most Awesome.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ponzu wrote:Once clicked, you're right, the UR (I assume, this is straight Waze) shows the date of the report, and this date is probably off -- either in the wrong timezone, or just randomly off, you tell me.
yeah, if we don't know what timezone the date/time that is sent to the browser is, there's no way to accurately change it to a local timezone.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message