If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Override suggested route with alternative

Post by gwillison
I live near a draw bridge so have two routes to work, in order to avoid the bridge when I know it is up. It would be helpful if I could override the preferred route provided by Waze; otherwise, Waze continues to suggest that I make a U-Turn to get back on the preferred route even though I know that will take me to the backup at the bridge.

Otherwise, great service - thank you.
gwillison

POSTER_ID:12082348

Send a message

Post by DG567
gwillison wrote:I live near a draw bridge so have two routes to work...
Awesome! I have a mental picture of having to give way to knights on horses....
You could scroll to your alternative route, and long-press on a road you would use » more » save as favourite. Then, to force a route via that point, use 'add a stop' and select that point - effectively creating a waypoint.
NOTE you might need to select 'routes' again if you don't get a sensible route after adding the stop.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Its on the agenda. There was a "Route Blocked" button in one of the betas, but it got pulled out for some unknown reason (it was not yet functional). My guess is that we'll see it again soon and that it will work similarly to the Garmin "detour" function.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by tgp1994
I know this idea has already been accepted, but I would like to second it none the less. Perhaps even some automation could be involved here - Waze was insisting that I get on a highway with traffic moving at about ~2MPH, if I recall what waze had recorded... While there was a highway not 10 miles off course that would have taken me to the exact point I would have eventually ended up at if I had taken the backed up route. Perhaps Waze doesn't currently take things like that into route calculation?

At any rate, manual alternative route selections would be nice! And thank you for the wonderful app Waze, it beats buying a GPS app with not nearly as many useful features by a longshot.
tgp1994
Send a message
Waze is a wonderful app, but your safety and the safety of the drivers around you comes first!