Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No Internet connection?

Post by donbenot
Waze is telling me that it is unable to navigate anywhere because I have no Internet connection, when I plainly do. I receive road updates and I can post updates. I can even earn points. What I can't do is navigate anywhere.
Any suggestions?
iPhone 5 with iOS 6.01
donbenot

POSTER_ID:12060194

Send a message

Post by cabeasley
I'm also having this trouble. I love Waze, but... this is a deal breaker if it can't be fixed
cabeasley
Send a message

Post by donbenot
Internet connection. The complete error message is:
Uh-oh!
Search requires Internet connection.
Please make sure you are connected.
donbenot
Send a message

Post by donbenot
I've fixed the problem on my iPhone. When attempting to navigate for the nth time, I noticed that it was showing the distances to my home and work were greater than 5,000 miles, while I was in the living room. I deleted and re-entered the addresses and things are working fine now. The addresses must have been corrupted somehow, causing the odd behavior.
donbenot
Send a message

Post by mister_haytch
'No Internet connection' or 'no network connection'?

The latter just means that to probably have data connection but you don't have a connection to the waze server.
mister_haytch
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
I m facing this no internet connection everyday and I think Waze knew this problem. I dont know that this Waze forum is meaningful feedback to Waze. And so far there no announcement by Waze about this problem. Waze is NOTHING if we cant connect to the internet.

Level 4 Wazer
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by SuperJan65
I am having the same issue, but only when navigating to favorites. I can navigate to a manually added address or an entry in my history without problems.
SuperJan65
Send a message

Post by SuperJan65
Ok, I discovered what my problem was, after it was still there after todays update of the Waze iphone app.
I added the addresses to the favorites of Waze by searching for them in my address book.
I deleted the existing favorites and added them manually by typing the addresses in Waze. Now I can navigate to my favorites.
SuperJan65
Send a message

Post by warzenkamor
I have the exact same problem:
- going in "add a favorite"
- searching a contact on my address book
- clicking on the contact
- result coming back with a distance of 5421.4 km (=> corrutped info)
- going back to navigation, selecting the favorite I've just created
- "search requires internet connection. please make sure you are connected"

iOs 5.1.1, waze 3.5.1.0
warzenkamor
Send a message