Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by wplate
Jh00_ wrote:I see that in this new version, the "close" button was replaced by an even tinier "x" button, which makes closing the window even harder. I must confess I almost crashed my car at least 3 times because I was desperate to close that damn warning to see the map below. Couldn't the radar alert be replaced by a smaller button to the side of screen which, after pressed, would present additional options (like "not here")? I fail to understand the logic of showing a big window over the route your are trying to follow...
Include me as a user disliking the new small Close buttons. They were much easier to use in the previous version.
wplate
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
It's great that finally iphone 5 support. And some improvements looking good.

But all this social crap and linking to Facebook friends and meet ups etc is nonsense. So annoying that they bothered working on this pointless stuff and still there is no improvement to the bad way it handles traffic. Still no traffic bar. Still no way to detour. Still no way to show only events on route. Still no detailed summary of events ahead. That should all be priority. Not silly meet up things.
I also want a way to remove that meet up stuff and Facebook stuff. Would be nice if there was an option to clean up the app if you didn't want to do all that stuff. Would clean up the main menu and save lots of screen real estate (especially for lesser phones than iPhone 5). Please find a way to do this.

It's still good, just disappointed in the direction of focus of the update when the app is meant to be about traffic and needs huge improvement in that area. But iPhone 5 support. Now I can use it again
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Looks like need to add enable/disable carpool lanes features. It's now sending me onto HOV express lanes on I-15. Didn't before.
Menu scrolling is no big deal. If the icons could be rearranged would be better to move out of the way the 4+ useless ones.
Would also be good to make touching anywhere on the pop-up alerts (other than the buttons) to close them. Trying to hit that small X while driving is not a thought through idea.
Seems to work fine though.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by youncs
jasonh300 wrote:They're in Israel.
Per Wikipedia: "Waze employs 80 people – 70 at its facility in Ra'anana, Israel and an additional 10 in Palo Alto, California."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze

This update didn't do much for me. If anything the UI is a little more difficult to use / and see.
Have to scroll the menu now. When you click on a Wazer you can't see the "x" to close the window. Minor complaints I guess.

I don't care about the social aspect of it. I agree the focus should be on navigation. Everything else social wise is just a bonus.

Since Waze works in unusual ways because it's using user data, I wish I could send an explanation to people when i dismiss the map problem they reported when Waze is routing them the fastest way but is sending them off in directions that don't make sense to them.

A lot of people probably try it and think it doesn't work very well. Heck, I edit the map, know about connectivity issues and have a basic understanding of how and why it routes like it does, and I still have a hard time trusting it.

That's really a separate issue from the client update. Just saying that since the previous version already had a meet up function, there are probably more important things to develop, especially when it seems like the consensus seems to be that the UI overhaul was not an improvement.

Oh, and I have experienced a few crashes here and there.
youncs
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .

Post by youncs
On-screen icon doesn't turn into a "character resembling pac-man" when munching roads.

Also, drove right over 2 road candies and it didn't pick em up, although others have collected normally.
youncs
Send a message
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .

Post by youncs
I had some crashes in the beginning but it mostly works for me.
iPhone 4 / iOS 6

I've had some instances of switching Waze off and having it relaunch itself though.
youncs
Send a message

Post by Z37A23
Updated IPhone 5 to v.3.5 and suffer partial loss of info:

a) on IPhone = lost all tracks (but still have my favorites intact).

b) on webpage = (presumably for the same reason) I can no longer update maps. I'm stuck with the "You need to drive with Waze to get permissions to edit the map" announcement.

My points are also intact (including the ones obtained for editing maps).

Ideas/comments? :?:
Z37A23
Send a message

Post by Z37A23
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Z37A23 wrote:a) on IPhone = lost all tracks (but still have my favorites intact).
Waze never stored "tracks" in the app. I'm not sure what you're meaning.
Z37A23 wrote:on webpage = (presumably for the same reason) I can no longer update maps. I'm stuck with the "You need to drive with Waze to get permissions to edit the map" announcement.
Make sure you are logged into the right server.

a) Sorry, mine was a gps minded comment. Had my "paved" roads visible on my IPhone. No longer have these on IPhone nor able to see those up on public map.

b) Got it. Thanks.
Z37A23
Send a message