Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Kuhlkatz
The current version of WME works far better in general than the previous version. The tabbed panel is definitely a winner for the user scripts.
The segment join pop up appears like it should without having to save first. In about 90% of the cases where multiple new segments were selected, it did not appear in the old one.
My biggest single gripe is the geometry nodes. The old solid square nodes contrasted much better, and was much more visible when located near or on top of segment joins.
I don't mind them being round, but no fill vs filled should be considered as a preference setting. Currently the nodes hide very well when zoomed out far enough.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
A reset would mean nothing. The data on speeds is also kept in various increments in the back end for each unique segment id. You only see the overall averages in WME.

A 'combine' function would have more use for unsplitting without losing all data, effectively combining the data for both directions into a new single segment id.
On the other hand, it should be up to date in a few days anyway if it's a busy stretch of road.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
davipt wrote:Because of this A-B reversal, I have now a lot of one-way segments with averages in both ways, and it would be nice to see 0 on the reverse direction which should never be driven.
I think we might need 'official' confirmation from Waze that the maintained timed stats are also duplicated when a segment is split, and not just the averages. By themselves, the averages likely would not affect routing.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by lakeyboy
Liking the new version so far, except that editing roads with long names is now more frustrating. Only about 13-15 characters can be seen in the road name field, which is far too few, which means I have to click and drag over text to see/edit the name. Please make the box longer / text smaller or make the whole left panel adjustable (increase info area whilst decreasing map area). Thanks.
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 322,000+ | Distance travelled: 134,050km+ | Reports made: 3660+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by lakj100
davipt wrote:Just a heads up that for me the INTL editor is not saving any editing at all. No errors, just no changes apply. :| time for a break

I'm also having the problem.
lakj100
Send a message

Post by maantje76
rotus8 wrote:Is there a replacement for the old <shift>a shortcut? I didn't find it in the new wiki page.
press '?' for al shortcuts :)
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Not fixed yet:

"You are a level 5 editor, You can edit 4 miles around roads you've driven."
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Just logged out, and edits are gone....I thought this has been fixed?
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
davipt wrote: They are probably not gone (I hope). Here it's just slow (again) updating the tiles. Need to zoom in/out a lot to get them up to date. And be very careful to not get into the ghost segments war again. Or just stop editing and go for a coffee ;)
Not meaning the sync problem ;)

The not saved edits are gone....Waze stated this was fixed, so after an automatic logout you're should be able to login again, without lose your unsaved edits.....It worked...but now it doesn't ...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
What happens if you change the zoomlevel in the not working permalink?

I did see this happen with some permalinks also. Changing the zoomlevel in the link let the segments apear for me...I can't remember the exact levels that gave this problem, but think I can find it back...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message