bz2012 wrote:but it decodes all but "segment=xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx".
Does it fail to decode 'the LAST' ¶meter='?
This intrigued me. I moved parameters around, and it's not the 'last' one that does not work. It seems to break the selection 'code' for landmarks & segments (not tried with URs).
Disabling all of my user scripts also had no effect.
I'm stopping short of debugging the WME code to check how the parameters are handled.
I have not noticed many 'broken' links like this, as I do most of my reading from Tapatalk, and tend to follow the interesting ones on the PC. I'm an AM, so I'm on the generating side of unlock requests, not on the actioning side.
bz2012 wrote:Sometimes I miss something or make a mistake, but from the number of mistakes I find, I think I am 'improving things more than messing them up.' I hope so.
The intention is not say anyone is incompetent. We all strive to better the maps in our area, AND we all make mistakes - it's part of the game, especially since we all tend to spend late nights editing. I get annoyed with myself too. After completing an area and looking at it weeks later, I still find some obvious mistakes.
My personal opinion is that if the OP uses the correct URL and the WME Permalink, links should really not end up broken.
I just wanted to throw in the boardwalk as a curve ball, as the GPS tracks does a good thing of hiding the obvious, and likely everyone was more interested in why WME seemed broken