If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Disappearing red light cameras

Post by jwhgirl
There are two intersections near my home with red light cameras. I have reported these several times and they initially are shown on the map but then disappear later. Why is this happening? I am sure they are operating cameras as my neighbors have received tickets from them.
jwhgirl

POSTER_ID:7796270

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Where are you located? Red Light/Speed Cameras are not legal in many jurisdictions...

Also, there are several device that people THINK are Red Light Cameras, but they really are not... Check out the Cameras page of the Waze Wiki for info...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
jeanholcombe wrote:Miami Beach, FL and red light cameras are legal here. I know people who have been ticketed from them so I am sure they are real.
I'm just covering the bases... We have several people up here in the CT/MA area (where the cameras are illegal) reporting cameras all over the place...

Do you happen to know if Speed Cameras are legal in Florida? We're trying to create a list of legal/not legal/partially legal for the wiki... Any links or info would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by DG567
Do you know you have to use the Waze map editor website to confirm cameras after you report them?
The camera you see on your device is just for your own reference and soon expires.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
jeanholcombe wrote:Thanks. I will go on and try to do my first map edits.
Good luck Jean!
1. Read the wiki instructions on cameras so you know what to do.
2. Ask in the 'editing' forum if you need help.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Grid64
jeanholcombe wrote:Miami Beach, FL and red light cameras are legal here. I know people who have been ticketed from them so I am sure they are real.
There should be people editing the map in that area to add red light cameras. Last time I was in Miami, I reported some intersections that didn't have red light cameras and got notifications within the same weekend I reported them. Odd.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by jwhgirl
Thanks. I will go on and try to do my first map edits.
jwhgirl
Send a message

Post by jwhgirl
Miami Beach, FL and red light cameras are legal here. I know people who have been ticketed from them so I am sure they are real.
jwhgirl
Send a message

Post by jwhgirl
Red light camera violations became state law traffic infractions in July 2010 when it was made law by the state legislature.
jwhgirl
Send a message

Post by kwag4
AndyPoms wrote:
I'm just covering the bases... We have several people up here in the CT/MA area (where the cameras are illegal) reporting cameras all over the place...

Do you happen to know if Speed Cameras are legal in Florida? We're trying to create a list of legal/not legal/partially legal for the wiki... Any links or info would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance...
Speed Cameras are illegal in Florida. Red light cameras are legal.
kwag4
Send a message
kwag4
Southwest Florida Area Manager
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Please, give thanks and mark as solved if your problem is solved.
Solution to everything: Read the Wiki, if that doesn't solve it, read it again.