If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Reporting about traffic in the other direction

Post by unicycleDavid
I'm not sure I understand one thing: If I report about things like police (or lane closures) and choose the 'other lane' option, is that reporting on another lane on my side of the highway OR is that reporting about the lanes to my left (that are going in the other direction)?
unicycleDavid

POSTER_ID:10082182

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
"Other Lane" is to report Traffic/Hazards for vehicles travelling the opposite direction that you are...

HOWEVER, in the US it has never worked properly for Divided Highways (i.e. two one-way roads on the map) like the Interstates. You end up reporting it for vehicles travelling the wrong way on your side of the road.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
I'm not aware of any improvements.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by kodi75
AndyPoms wrote:"Other Lane" is to report Traffic/Hazards for vehicles travelling the opposite direction that you are...

HOWEVER, in the US it has never worked properly for Divided Highways (i.e. two one-way roads on the map) like the Interstates. You end up reporting it for vehicles travelling the wrong way on your side of the road.
Good to know. However as a client and user we're not always aware if the roads on a non-interstate have been split. It is enough to pay attention to what is going on on your side of the jersey wall!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Simmeltron
Any idea if there has been any improvements on this feature since the time of the original posts here? It seems like it still marks the pin on your direction, however if I recall correctly, I have been thanked by people I posted vehicle on shoulder or police that were on the other side of the freeway (in opposite direction). So perhaps it is functioning correctly? But would still like to hear from a Champ that it is, indeed, working. :)
Simmeltron
Send a message
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img]https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -Verizon - Android 4.3 - Waze 3.7.8.0

Post by unicycleDavid
Thanks; that's what it looked like to me. Every time I report police activity, road work, or other hazards on the other side of the highway, the map always shows them on my side of the road.
unicycleDavid
Send a message