Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pvaladares
I just found out the Android version is missing 'Oil Split' in the Hazard on the Road, compared with the iOS.
Is this a bug?
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
perlin wrote:
pvaladares wrote:I just found out the Android version is missing 'Oil Split' in the Hazard on the Road, compared with the iOS.
Is this a bug?
Yes :) Thanks, we will add it.
I found 2 other features not available in Android
1 - Inbox
2 - While at the Main Menu it is possible to return to Map mode by tapping outside the Main Menu

Can you validate this?
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by rweinkauf
Same here, scoreboard crashes on Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
rweinkauf
Send a message

Post by saggitas
it's so iPhone-y! why the rounded corners? is it that ugly to fill up the screen? and where's the Holo UI / UX interface?

the Default map colours look good, especially during night mode, when the highways glow. the driving experience is excellent as always. keep it up!
saggitas
Send a message
tested on a Google Pixel

Post by sahmbo1
First off, I love Waze. I've hooked a good majority of the other Field Service guys in my company to use it.

Suggestions/bugs I've found:
*top bar way too big
*sticks in portrait mode
*upon launching, automatically tries to navigate me to my "Home" about 75% of the time
*add contacts shortcut to the home work favorites menu
*add rest stops to add a stop/navigate to
*ability to filter items to what is on my route vice what is around me
*ability to turn off stopped around me pop ups
*notice random "goodies" still showing up (i.e. Dunkin donuts)
*ability to add friends w/out using Facebook
*ability to add construction work details easily (Left lane closed, right lane closed, exit closed)
*ability to define which shoulder has stopped vehicle
*remove that bar that shows up when you near your destination (though the park feature is kind of neat for some i'm sure) with that and the normal navigation bar, 1/2 of the screen is unviewable
*would like to see posted speed limit (can be user submitted)
*define moderate/heavy traffic (does moderate = 10 less than the speed limit? 15? 20? what is heavy considered?)

That's all I got for now. I love love love Waze and it could easily be a Garmin/TomTom/etc killer. It killed my Garmin ;-)
sahmbo1
Send a message

Post by Sanicko
Many menus (especialy Categories menu, Error report...) have problem on many devices (I tested on Sone Ericsson Xperia Neo V and Samsung Galaxy S Plus) in portrait mode:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56270123/Waze/s ... 0_1716.png

In Landscape mode this problem doesn't appear:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56270123/Waze/s ... 2_1702.png
Sanicko
Send a message
AM: Košice
Waze Android 4.0.2 & Sony Xperia Z (Android 5.0.2, rooted) & Ford C-Max & DoD LS460W

Post by scottscooter
Hi. I know that when asked for feedback, you get a lot of negative. There's more positive with the app than negative. These are the issues that come to mind.

Nav bar - I think this has been confirmed in the next version it will be smaller. It's rather large now.

Day / Night mode - Had an issue where it remained in Day long after the sun had set. Exit and restart didn't help. I manually changed from Day to Night, then re-enabled Auto. I haven't seen it since. I've read in the Bugs section where others had issues from Night to Day.

Menu button disappears - If I tap the notification to go invisible that flashes on the screen between the buttons when the app first loads, then go invisible from the My Waze menu it pulls up, the Menu button disappears from the main screen. It's there and comes back if I hit where it should be, but at first I was wondering where it went.

"Menu button - Navigate - Categories" just has icons on the left and is missing text to the right explaining when the icons are. Only a problem in portrait, the text is there in landscape.

"Menu button - Settings - Display settings - My car" just has icons on the left and is missing text on the right explaining what the car is except for the one currently chosen. Only a problem in portrait, the text is there in landscape.

"Menu button - My Waze - Scoreboard - Your Points:xxxx >" sometimes only highlights and doesn't go to the next screen.

I've noticed when I update gas prices, I can input for example 309 and it will auto populate $3.099. $3.099 is listed in Search Results when choosing a Gas Station to navigate to and on the map. When I click on the gas station showing $3.099 though to Preview it and click on Info, the updated price is shown as $3.109.

I also think the prior version had an option to compress the data under Data Transfer. It seems to have a lot more data traffic now. It's not a problem at all if I'm on 4G, but if I'm between cities where it's just the Edge network still, it's almost as though the client sometimes bottlenecks the network.

Be able to disable the map jumping to Events when stopped. For safety while driving I almost only listen to voice prompts. When stopped I visually double check my map. It's jumping around to Events though. I can make the Event Radius smaller, but I want to be able to pull the Events up if I want to and making the radius smaller disables that.
scottscooter
Send a message

Post by scottscooter
Spil wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Same thing to select your car. You have the icon and no text beside it until you select one and it pops back to the previous menu.
I brought this problem (and a similar one) up in a couple of the beta threads for this version, but Waze couldn't reproduce the error on any of the devices that they were using. Maybe I should send them mine when I get a new one, since I've run across several such errors on my phone that they can't reproduce on their devices. ;)
I've seen that also. I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T679. It's a stock Samsung OS with no mods by me yet.

Hopefully that may help to find a correlation.
scottscooter
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
I had some issues sharing my route/destination.

I can not seem to share anything via text, the text is blank when I try.

I was able to share my drive via email and it seemed to work ok. However each time I stopped I had to reshare the drive and a new URL was generated. I would like to see an automatic "resume share" pop up just like the automatic "resume route".
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by serick224
The one time I tried pickup, it did not seem to work. Here's what I did:

1. Put in the address where the person I was picking up was at and starting navigating to it
2. Sent the "I want to pick you up" text (it's too long btw)
3. Partway through my drive I got a popup saying something about my pickup request being acknowledged with the options 'Drive' and 'Later'.
4. Chose 'Drive'
5. Nothing happened as far as I could tell. It didn't say my destination had changed. I didn't actually find out if it had stealthily changed my destination or not though, because I canceled navigating while trying to find pending "pick me up requests" (to no avail).
serick224
Send a message