Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Wrong turn - no change

Post by wombel66
This is really annoying! For 2 weeks now I try to remove a wrong turn on the map via the editor and always the road seems to be locked. I can select it, I see the turn, that is wrong, but when I click it, nothing happens. I really like Waze, but I hate it wasting my time.
wombel66

POSTER_ID:3847251

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The first step, given that the segment is locked by a level 5 editor, is to send them a PM here on the forums with the request. Many countries also have their own unlock threads, which perhaps Darren or someone else could point you towards.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Need to post a permalink of the segment highlighted for us to look at it and tell you how to get it unlocked. Highlight the road before you hit the permalink, then copy and paste it on here.

Or look under the Unlock section of maps. Follow the directions in the top posts on how to request. Have the city and state/country the segment is located in so people just scanning for new posts will see it and get it unlocked for you.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Ok.

Oh you want some help? Perhaps some details then, most importantly a permalink of the area in question.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Sarcasm is very unbecoming of you Darren. That's more my forte ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
We don't even know what country it is for those of us on mobiles. I'm sure the stickies say to add area and country to the title of the thread when posting.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by wombel66
Sarcasm or not. First I needed to know what details you need. Here is the permalink:

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... s=72132306
wombel66
Send a message