Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Cameras 'Not there'

Post by DG567
Wazers with a (0) rating cannot mark cameras as not there. While I understand the need to restrict malicious abuse, I think:
1. It should be made clear that their vote does not count, or preferably:
2. Allocate a low value to their vote, perhaps 0.25. At least that way the hundreds of votes from newer users will actually eventually remove the things.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9425837

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
DG567 wrote:2. Allocate a low value to their vote, perhaps 0.25. At least that way the hundreds of votes from newer users will actually eventually remove the things.
Not a bad idea, actually. Though I would make the vote count at least .1. That way, a camera approved by an Area Manager (is that level 2 these days still?) will take 20 votes to remove it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by DG567
I've only recently found out about the removal system. I just thought that it was a function that didn't work = loss of confidence = less likely to use the app.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DG567
dmcconachie wrote: Until recently it didn't work!
Ah.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
DG567 wrote:I've only recently found out about the removal system. I just thought that it was a function that didn't work = loss of confidence = less likely to use the app.
Until recently it didn't work!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Exactly ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
With the new ranks, there are also no longer level 0 editors, so we don't know of the impact to the previous info.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator