Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Waze for Windows Phone 8

Post by hailstorm
At present I have exactly 0 navigation programs on my HTC 8x. Really hope Waze reconsiders support for Windows Phone now WP8 is out.
hailstorm

POSTER_ID:85972

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
But you're the one changing platform and phone...
I don't see how that is Wazes fault or problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I really don't think waze with their 20+ million users are worried about wp8, but let's hope if and when it comes to developing for it that the rest of the users aren't so abrupt in dismissing an app that is offering something for free and currently not even close to breaking even.

I thought my attitude was bad at times, but I gave up stamping my feet and spitting my dummy when I don't get my own way when I was a kid.

Don't worry, Jo Frost is on her way with a nice Android phone :lol:

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
lizaoreo wrote:It's part of making software/hardware and releasing it.
Actually, it should be part of testing, not releasing. That kinda gives the "oh s**t" scenario ;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I'd rather have a working product!...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by jeffro02
+1 for waze on WP8. I was a daily wazer until I switched from iPhone to WP8 (love it). I am missing reporting traffic jams!
jeffro02
Send a message

Post by lizaoreo
I too would love to see a WP8 app, but I figure for a time at least I may JB my iPhone and leave it mounted in the car with a task launcher type JB app to get Waze started when it starts charging (I start the car) and have it connect to my soon to be coming Lumia via tethering. Don't know how long I'll deal with that though :/ Depends on if it's cumbersome and such, if it is, I'll just use Nokia Drive.

Oh, and about the comment about new software/hardware being buggy... since when is that Microsoft only? Microsoft, Google, Apple, <insert company> all have buggy software/hardware issues when they first come out. It's part of making software/hardware and releasing it.
lizaoreo
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
thnninen wrote:Arrogance only hurts companies and services.
Your arrogance, in the form of "give me what I want, or I am going to go elsewhere" is quite amusing, in the light of what else you are posting.

Did it ever occur to you that there may be a very good technical reason why there are no GPS apps for Windows 8 phones? Could it be that the return on investment is too low (in spite of you adopting the platform)? Could it be that there are technical issues with Windows 8 (technical issues with a brand new Microsoft product? Who would have guessed?)?
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
I am constantly amazed and amused by the posts in forums for various free applications when a particular user doesn't feel as though they are getting what they want from the application. Threats to leave and take market share, grumbling about how the developers don't care, sniping at those who are offering up counterpoints to their only partially considered viewpoints....

If you don't like the application, don't use it. You don't need to log on to a forum and let the entire world know that you are disappointed with the app.

Move on already.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by rottielover
+1

I'm an iPhone user who's seriously considering a switch to Windows 8 Phone (Nokia's Lumina 920). Waze is a favorite app, but not something I would "lock into" iOS for.
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9EKWfE[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | To Do - St. Louis MO
To Do - Missouri | Missouri Mapping Resources | Missouri Forum