Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Timbones
mapcat wrote:Using 1.2 in Chrome (Windows), I can't get the Filter By Editor to work consistently. Most of the time at 200m, 500m, or 1000m zoom levels, it will only show my name.
The list only updates at Street level zoom, which zoom=4 or higher. Does that explain your problem, or are you having issues at these zoom levels too?

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
AndyPoms wrote:Where do the city names come from? The city layer or the actual streets in the area?
It used to be only cities that appeared on streets, but I changed it to show all cities that Waze thinks are in the area. If there has been some renaming, then the old cities will stick around for a while. This is why I added the "= 0" counter to the side, so at least you can be sure that there are no segments in view.

Try version v1.1 if you want the old behaviour.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Kuhlkatz wrote:The -1 user should be listed as admin(6) in the dropdown if I'm not mistaken.
Indeed, 'admin' should be in the list if any visible segments are still showing it as the last editor. If it's not there, then there are no segments to highlight.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Here's my latest version: WME Color Highlights v1.3
  • When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
  • When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
  • Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types
See Soft and Hard Turns for explanation of terms...

:)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has the problem related to not allowing the toolbar to enable when not already logged in yet been able to be fixed?
Nope, 'fraid not. It also seems to stop the search box from working too. I'm at a loss as to what causes this, though I suspect a load event is getting disrupted.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:How about the issue where segments don't select when loading a permalink which includes segments?
I thought I had, but apparently not. It doesn't always manifest when testing.

I'll have another go at tracking these bugs down for the next update... (if WME lets me)

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Loeffelbaer wrote:What do the different colors say? I've seen yellow and pink so far..
Click on a node, and you'll see colours explained in the side...

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
mssusa wrote:Does it auto update on Chrome? I'm still at 1.2. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall again?
No, it doesn't auto-update (though I nearly added it). Install again to get v1.3 (there's a link in the editor).
kentsmith9 wrote:With FF14 it does not appear to do what you have described for soft turns, revcon or for highlighting the segments connected to each end of the selected segment. Everything else appears to be working. Did not try other browsers.
Hmm... I also had trouble getting it to work just now, but it did in the end. Try reloading the editor.
This might be related to the 'toolbar not enabled after login' bug that we have in Chrome.

Here's what you should see if you find a node that isn't right:
node-highlights.png
Node Highlights
(20.6 KiB) Downloaded 980 times
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Mike-1323 wrote:Then how can I get a RevCon error at a junction when the junction is at the 'entrance' end of a one-way street?
This means there's an enabled turn /out/ of the entrance end, even though the editor doesn't show it.

And yes: Q+W will fix revcon issues. Be careful about enabling turns that should not be.

PS: the colour key, only appears when a node is selected.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Mike-1323 wrote:
Timbones wrote:PS: the colour key, only appears when a node is selected.
That's what I said. :D
I know. I'm saying that it's supposed to be like that.

BTW, I should really credit bgodette for this feature, as it's his excellent code that I used in this version :)

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
mapcat wrote:Bug(?) in chrome, windows: hitting Q when a node is selected automatically turns off the yellow (soft turn) but not the magenta (reverse connectivity) highlights. If I hover over the magenta after hitting Q, it disappears, however.
I attempted to fix this by binding a reset function to the Q key. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Chrome. :( It does work in Firefox though.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message