Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mapcat
jasonh300 wrote:I can't get the "separating line" to work. I drew a landmark around a section of lined road, selected within the landmark and then changed the 'true' to 'false' and it did nothing.
Weird. I just tried it for the first time and since I couldn't find a separated segment, I selected one without the line and changed it to "true", saved it, and the line appeared. Then I got ready to come back here to gloat, but decided to change it back first. Couldn't. Had to go to cartouche_old. :?
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
1.2.8 was uploaded this morning. There's one new addition best not discussed in the forum.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
harling wrote:I don't think it's an issue; it's a shortcut to the same public-facing GUI that we would get if we copied & pasted the GPS coordinates by hand, just like switching between Papyrus and Cartouche.
I agree, but evidently some higher-up didn't and asked that we no longer publicize another shortcut that did the same thing.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
How does "clean round about" work? I want to edit a roundabout that won't save because it "does not form a circle". Is that what this tool is for?
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
slicer wrote:no, it's not for that.
It allows you to automaticaly update field like road type, city name (if this has been already filled on road around the roundabout), ...
Sorry for my really bad english tonight (yes, it's night here :) )
Ah! Merci!
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting Extended Tools 1.3.1 to work?

Yesterday I removed Extended Tools from both FF and Chrome and tried to install the latest 1.3.1 version.
It seems to install ok in both browsers, however it does not show up in the left panel of the WME editor (is that redundant?) in either browser.

I've closed and reopened the browsers, cleared the caches, and forced a F5 refresh, and made sure the extension was Enabled.

Any other ideas? Am I missing something obvious?
*.waze.com/editor does not work.
*.waze.com/map-editor does.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Plumaveloz wrote:Just for your information, there is a new version, 1.5.1
Thanks to the developers!
Á.
OK, this must have to do with the "Allow All Drives" feature. What does it do? When I click on it, it seems to select many random segments, and it's not clear what it does with them.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I couldn't get the segment list to come up when I tried it in Chrome. It did select some one-way segments, but not all.

But now I'm looking at 1.5.2 and see the new "accelerate edition" option. Cute. :roll:
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
OK, tried it in FF. It seems that it's designed to remove all turn restrictions from the viewing area. This is not a good idea at all!
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
alcolo47 wrote:This tools is designed to clean up no-Wazer-land.
If you edit a region alredy edited, don't use.

Choose your tools according to your needs.
No, I realize that. I understand exactly what it's designed for. And I can think of a few situations where it would be very useful for me. I'm only thinking about how BAD this could be in the hands of someone who doesn't know what he's doing, or (worse) doesn't care and is only looking for points.

The power to turn every unlocked street into a 2-way and eliminate all turn restrictions in the current view is too dangerous. Do you know how much time it takes to find out which streets are one way in a city? If someone using this tool just decides to change all of them to two-way, it takes a few seconds. Then when I go back in and fix them, and reset the turns at every intersection along the one-ways, it will take hours.

Please disable this feature! Or find a way to limit the users who have access to it!
mapcat
Send a message