These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Missing drives since iOS app 3.5 upgrade

Post by zexpe
Does anyone else have missing drives since upgrading their iOS waze app to version 3.5?

On my last two commutes, the morning drives in both cases are registered and viewable in the map editor. However, both evening drives are missing. Both times I went off-route in evening, when I didn't in the morning. I don't know if that is a cause of the problem.
zexpe

POSTER_ID:10719422

Send a message

Post by zexpe
zexpe wrote:I haven't had problems in the past week either.
I spoke too soon - since writing that, not a single one of my subsequent drives have appeared...
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
I haven't had problems in the past week either. How did you manage to strike up a dialog with support? Whenever I send them any request I hear nothing back! :(
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
I'm using iOS 5.1.1 still.

Also, I've seen cases recently where my evening commute drives are available, even when I've seen the phone jumping between a poor wifi signal and 3G at the end of the drive. So, that's certainly not _always_ a problem.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
jasonh300 wrote:
CBenson wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:My theory is that if you end a drive and Waze can't immediately make an internet connection to upload the drive, the drive gets lost.
But you shouldn't lose the whole drive. At worst shouldn't you only lose from where you lost the internet connection.
The drive uploads haven't worked like this for a while. The entire drive uploads when you switch Waze off. This all started with the last beta before 3.5 was released, so it may not have become an issue to the general public until 3.5.
That explains a lot. Thanks. So if I press the "Switch Off" button the app isn't killed - just the GPS is switched off and drive uploaded? I was beginning to worry as to whether "Switch Off" would prevent a drive from being uploaded now.
jasonh300 wrote:
zexpe wrote:I had the same pattern. It is possible my phone is connecting to a (possibly my) WiFi network upon arriving home that is interrupting the transfer. This wouldn't affect my morning commutes.
I find that my drive reliably uploads if my final destination is home, where my phone connects to Wifi as soon as I pull into my driveway.
My problem is I park on the street outside and if it gets a Wifi connection upon arrival it may well not be a reliable one...

This 3.5 version seems like a backwards step in this regard.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
WeeeZer14 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:- My morning commute drive showed up within 5 min.
- My morning commute yesterday is available.
- My afternoon commute hasn't appeared yet.

All are nearly exactly the same distance traveled. Drive processing is clearly not happy with something happening during some drives.
What kind of network switches are going on at each end? Cell to WiFi on each? Same encryption on each WiFi (grasping as straws here)?
I had the same pattern. It is possible my phone is connecting to a (possibly my) WiFi network upon arriving home that is interrupting the transfer. This wouldn't affect my morning commutes.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
WeeeZer14 wrote:Data compression is turned on by default now.
Now that's interesting; so there is no way to turn off data compression now?
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
My current theory is that these are drives that were shared with friends _and_ a friend actually viewed the link.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:- My morning commute drive showed up within 5 min.
- My morning commute yesterday is available.
- My afternoon commute hasn't appeared yet.

All are nearly exactly the same distance traveled. Drive processing is clearly not happy with something happening during some drives.
What kind of network switches are going on at each end? Cell to WiFi on each? Same encryption on each WiFi (grasping as straws here)?
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator