Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

App feature idea: Alarm Clock

Post by davidutah
Okay, yes, this is post number one. I know, I know, I know. Search first. I did, briefly. So if this has been discussed previously, please beat me with a brick.

I love Waze. I specifically love the Commute-O-Meter in the widget.

What I would love to see, would be an alarm clock based on the Commute-O-Meter. I can tell Waze, that I have to be to work by 9, and it takes me 45 minutes to grub and shower in the morning. Waze then sits on my nightstand refreshing traffic conditions periodically and then wakes me up commute time plus 45 minutes so I can get to work on time. Obviously, it can't predict future traffic incidents, but, living in Utah, if traffic sucks because of weather or whatever, it could let me know I need to leave an hour earlier on a day that's already getting very bad.

What does everyone think? I've always wanted an alarm clock with that feature, and Waze simply has the best data to provide that functionality.
davidutah

POSTER_ID:12087203

Send a message

Post by advance512
Why would Waze prefer that we use Google Now? They have all the data.. hey, just create a simple API that allows us to give an input of "where do we want to go" and to get a "time in minutes estimation", we'll write the Alarm Clock or whatever. And users WILL use Waze to take the best route and more or less make it to the destination in said estimate.
advance512
Send a message

Post by davidutah
Search function on the forum doesn't work then because I searched "Alarm Clock" in quotes, and nothing returned :lol:
davidutah
Send a message

Post by davidutah
Basically Google Now. Yes. However, based on Waze timelines and of course directions in Waze. I've found that Waze time estimates are much more accurate than Google's data usually based off of local DOT information.
davidutah
Send a message

dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
davidutah wrote:Search function on the forum doesn't work then because I searched "Alarm Clock" in quotes, and nothing returned :lol:
Yeah the forum search is rubbish.
I searched for Alarm Clock without the quotes though and that thread was first up.

Using Google is better for searching the forum. Just precede the search string with site:waze.com
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by invented
So basically, Google Now.
invented
Send a message

Post by nnote
I mentioned this a long time back. I wanted waze to warn me 10 minutes ahead of time that I needed to leave to arrive to work on time.
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Territories Regional Coordinator : USA Champ : L6 State Manager Arizona

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png

Waze Arizona Twitter