The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mikeshurst
All of my missing drives from the past two weeks are finally showing now. Also the editable areas around them is correctly updated too.

Mike.
mikeshurst
Send a message
BlackBerry Torch 9800
Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge

Post by mikmyn
Something like this seems to have happened to me sometime around the recent update.

I'm an international user - Australia

On the 1st November, I drove in Hobart, on the 1st through 4th I drove in Melbourne. Yesterday I drove in Brisbane. My normal driving area is NSW (mostly around Sydney). While the drives in Hobart, Melbourne and Brisbane were all recorded (i.e. when I choose to look at drives, I can see them) , only Brisbane became an editable area (I now have two areas - a small area 0 in Brisbane and a larger area1 in and around Sydney, no areas in Melbourne or Hobart).

I discovered errors in Melbourne and Hobart which I would like to correct, but can't seem to get access to. Anyone know why? Any way to correct it, other than go back and drive those areas again?
mikmyn
Send a message

Post by nzhook
I can confirm lost editing areas in New Zealand, A drive I done on Saturday toward Auckland and back allowed me to edit the area the following day, today its gone.

Additionally an area ive driven around recently (not sure how long) allowed me to edit and change roads this morning and now when ive gone back the edits show I made the change this morning but I cannot make any further edits.

Also there is nothing on the status page about it, bit odd it happened over night.
nzhook
Send a message
Area Manager - Taranaki, New Zealand
Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) - Gingerbread (Andriod 2.3.5)
New Zealand - Waze Client Beta Tester

Post by nzhook
jasonh300 wrote:Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Thanks!

The main one in my drive list that I know was this month, which opened an area for editing and then was later no longer editable:
November 03, 17:42
156.67km 2 hours 39 min

Which is the available cell area of the 6 hour drive I took on the Saturday, If its shown in my local time then it would be 4:42am (NZDT is GMT +13)

Im also not sure how long ago the dries should remain, as a lot of y drives from about 3 months ago have also gone.

I should add that the recent drives I have made (in the last last 3 days) allow edits within those areas.
nzhook
Send a message

Post by nzhook
I got an email from support on the 3rd:
We found the problem with missing editable areas based on driving from the beginning of November.

We started a process that uploads those areas and you should see them appearing gradually.

The process should be done in ± 10 days.

Best regards,

Yonatan
So until the 13th we wont know if the areas are back or not. Just have to play the waiting game now.
nzhook
Send a message

Post by obencefiro
guys i got the same problem.. i cannot edit anymore and my editing area reduce to my current position.. last drive yesterday.. :o
obencefiro
Send a message
Attachments
Oben

Post by omeganon
Same here. Lost editable region I was AM over and that I'd had a recent drive through.

EX: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 7,69117159

I have AM rights over a large surrounding area that included this. More specifically, I think this larger zoom covered it --

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lat ... 7,69117159
omeganon
Send a message
[img]https:///SgamU[/img]

Post by omeganon
chunkmonkey wrote:I can't seem to find a link in the wiki or on the forums to report a problem to Waze though. Sorry if its obvious, but I just don't see it at this point in time.
A recent tweet by @wazemapping says to chime in here, so they're watching...

"WazeMapping: If you recently, unexpectedly lost Editable Area in the @Waze map editor, chime in over in this thread: http://t.co/FuahN6lW"
omeganon
Send a message
[img]https:///SgamU[/img]

Post by pnordi
I'm still missing (it was there to begin with) editing ability from several hundred miles of driving over the weekend.
pnordi
Send a message

Post by pnordi
davipt wrote:. . . so it seems it only affects recent drives.
That has been my experience (and from what I gather the experience of most other users). All drives are still there but my drives from the last week no longer allow me to edit around them.
davipt wrote:BTW most reports I've seen seems to be on the INTL, is anyone having the same on USA?
I am in the USA.
pnordi
Send a message