Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Many users with names like world_xxxxxxxx

Post by
Does somebody has noted how many users has similar names like world_xxxxxxxx? I'm from Costa Rica, when you search the weekly top users for this region you will always find many world_xxxxxxxx users. Are these real waze users or are they computer generated users that use some crack to earn points?

These are many users with cryptic similar names (like computer generated names), don't you think?

POSTER_ID:744233

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
world_* is the "generic" system-generated internal Waze ID. In the US is it usa_*.

In the past, this was mostly due to "anonymous" users who run Waze without creating an account. More recently, this happens also for users who have logged into Waze with facebook only.

You should always do search: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... rum+world_
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.
The nanorep mentions deleting the account, which most people with enough point don't want to do.
"change username" displays: "If you have a temporary username (usa_xxx or world_xxx) and you want to change it please read here: Change temporary user"

I don't see that the link says anything about deleting anything.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:And, coming back to my point, how can these guys now change their username to a proper one without deleting the account and loosing all the points?
The process in the self-help tool involves deleting the original account? I'm pretty sure people have changed their temporary name without losing points before....
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:The username can't be changed on the /dashboard website since the migration to the new architecture. It was announced by waze.
The instructions for changing the temporary username really just involves creating a regular Waze account. No points should be lost as the facebook link keeps that intact.

We really need someone to verify this actually works before we state it can't be done. The only thing nanorep says is that a username cannot be changed, but that is different than the temporary account, supposedly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Sweo wrote:I seem to have lost my forum history, but my drive and map editing history are still there!
Yay! It can really be done.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FYI to others, this procedure (or similar) is posted to the self-help tool on the Support page. Direct link to the published answer: https://www.waze.com/support/answer?q=14551583
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
world_b85zy5cs wrote:Hi

I can confirm that it's, at the moment, impossible for me to change my username to a proper one without loosing my current points.

I'm now on world_b85zy5cs, I would like Sweo, which I use as nick.

When I first installed the app, I connected via Facebook which caused Waze to create this temporary username for me.

When I tried to register a proper name, Waze complained that the e-mail was already in use.

The only option I found at the time to log on to my dashboard etc. was to use the recover password function.
By doing so, Waze e-mailed me an automatically created password, which I could use to log on to the site, edit the map, etc..

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

To loose my accumulated points isn't appealing. But still, I would like the opportunity to become an area manager in the future.

I hope the people at Waze are working with this issue, making it possible to rename the account without deleting it.
-Can someone confirm?

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
world_b85zy5cs wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
world_b85zy5cs wrote:Hi

The instruction on the support site on how to create a username under settings - account & login - username & password isn't working for me since my world_**** username and password are already there.

Best regards.
Sverker.
Sweden

Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying.
Well, see my quote!

/S
There is a little section with a link specifically for world_ & usa_ username changes, that I'm betting you didn't see.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by asterix06
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The nanorep tool on the Support page has instructions on getting a real userid.
The nanorep mentions deleting the account, which most people with enough point don't want to do.
"change username" displays: "If you have a temporary username (usa_xxx or world_xxx) and you want to change it please read here: Change temporary user"

I don't see that the link says anything about deleting anything.

Tapatalk made me do it.
Alan is right , simply these user do not boder to register with a clear username !
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator